How to change EnvisaLink-4 local IP?

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

neptune_

How to change EnvisaLink-4 local IP?

Post by neptune_ »

Hi all,

I've had an EVL4 for few years running on local IP 192.168.1.20 assigned via DHCP. I'm trying to move it to another network and assigning DHCP IP 10.10.60.20. However, seems that the module is not 'accepting' or registering the new IP on the other network.
The 10.x network is working fine, as there are other endpoint on the same subnet receiving IP via DHCP. It almost appears that the EVL4 module is looking for 192.168.1.x subnet IPs only. The first three octects are greyed out.

Anyone know how to get a new subnet and IP assigned to the device?

Thanks!
Attachments
E0E03BBE-6734-4FAC-9FCC-3353C97F4E6F_4_5005_c.jpeg
E0E03BBE-6734-4FAC-9FCC-3353C97F4E6F_4_5005_c.jpeg (30.25 KiB) Viewed 3367 times
GrandWizard

Re: How to change EnvisaLink-4 local IP?

Post by GrandWizard »

The Envisalink will use any subnet that is given out via DHCP. I use 10.1.X.X in my home.

The issue would be with your new router, not with the Envisalink.
neptune_

Post by neptune_ »

GrandWizard wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:12 pm The Envisalink will use any subnet that is given out via DHCP. I use 10.1.X.X in my home.

The issue would be with your new router, not with the Envisalink.
Thanks for the quick reply. Have you tried giving it a new IP in another network to test?
I connected a laptop to the router and the laptop got assigned a .60.x IP immediately, while the EVL4 on the same port is not getting an IP.
In fact, the EVL4 keeps trying to use the old 192.168.1.20 IP as seen on the router port, instead of picking up a new one via DHCP.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

That's not possible unless you switched the ethernet ports so fast the Envisalink didn't realise it lost its Ethernet link.

Make sure the NET LED is off before you plug the Envisalink into the new router, this will make sure the DHCP state is reset.
neptune_

Post by neptune_ »

GrandWizard wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:12 am That's not possible unless you switched the ethernet ports so fast the Envisalink didn't realise it lost its Ethernet link.

Make sure the NET LED is off before you plug the Envisalink into the new router, this will make sure the DHCP state is reset.
Yes its very strange. I've power cycled the DSC unit as well. The LAN cable has been disconnected for a few minutes before connecting to the new switch. Nothing seems to work. The EVL4 module keeps showing up with the old IP.
I want to avoid doing a reset... don't want to setup everything again.
neptune_

Post by neptune_ »

Even more strangely, the module seems to have acquired the new IP all on its own this morning. No changes or troubleshooting done here overnight.