Automatic Network Time Updates Now Available

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

GrandWizard

Automatic Network Time Updates Now Available

Post by GrandWizard »

You asked for it, and now its here - Network time updates to synchronise your DSC panel with Universal Coordinated Time. No more manually adjusting for daylight savings time, no more "Date/Time Lost" troubles.

How it works:

Every morning around 3 AM your Envisalink will compare its time with network time and adjust your panel's time accordingly. The time zone used is the time zone registered in your Eyez-On account.

[edit]
As well, if the Envisalink detects that the time is not set in the panel (e.g. after a cold start), it will also set the time for you. Usually within 1 minute of power-up.

How do you get it:

Log on to the portal and check the details page for your Envisalink. Near the top of the page you will see a check-box to "Subscribe to Auto Time Updates". Click that if you would like your Envisalink to control your panel time. Don't forget to make sure your time zone is correct!
Bryan53

Re: Automatic Network Time Updates Now Available

Post by Bryan53 »

Nice feature. Just to clarify, if we take power off the panel with battery disconnected, like I do when messing with wiring connections, the time will not self-correct until 3:00 a.m.?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

No, I forgot to add that it will also update itself when the "loss of time" trouble is detected.

This may take up to 1 minute after a "cold start" of the panel
hypnosis4u2nv

Post by hypnosis4u2nv »

Awesome! Thanks..
stevew

Post by stevew »

So, this updates from the server using NTP? That's great. One of the things I always hated about DSC panels were their inability to get an NTP time and always having to reprogram the time to keep it inline with my network. DLS IV doesn't even have the flexibility that DLS2002 had, where you could set the panel to "computer time". Having the 2DS update the time is a great feature and makes it a very unique setup now!
www.autoland.ca
"Never argue with ignorance; they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience..."
marctardiff

Post by marctardiff »

I've tried to use this new feature but my time is not in sync. My panel is showing one hour behind what it should.

My account settings have a time zone of EDT -04:00 Eastern Daylight-Saving Time.
Web portal details are showing the correct time of Last Updated: July 29, 2012, 1:58 pm
The local EnvisaLink web page and the panel show 2012-07-29 12:58 - System Time.

Any suggestions?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Did you wait at least a day for it to sync? If so, then send your info to support@eyezon.com and we'll see what's wrong.
billinaz

Post by billinaz »

Maybe Im not looking in the right place........ I dont see it!
stevew

Post by stevew »

It's under "details for xxx" xxx being the system name you assigned on the portal. "Subscribe to Auto time updates" under "manage device". It's a checkbox.
www.autoland.ca
"Never argue with ignorance; they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience..."
pakerfeldt

Post by pakerfeldt »

Might this be the reason why my DSC panel loses date/time every now and then, since my EnvisaLink is currently plugged into the alarm but not connected to Internet at the moment.