Device Swap Issues

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

whmoorejr

Device Swap Issues

Post by whmoorejr »

My 10+ year old EVL3 finally started having issues, so I just installed a EVL4.
Per the instructions, I activated it on my account.
On my side, It's connected to the DSC Pannel, and from my eyezon account, I can see zone activity.
I put it on the same address as my EVL3.

Problems:
1) My account shows my EVL3 with home monitoring activated (but the device is offline... which it is because I removed it). The EVL4 is showing up as a new system. Is there a way to edit my original system with new EVL4 device so I don't have to re-add all the zone names and stuff?

2) I also self monitor through a home automation platform that use to connect via local_IPAddress:4025 with user:password (which I had changed from the default "user" to a 6 character password (which I believe was the password limit on the EVL3)

With the new device.... I can't access it locally. From a browser: local_IPAddress:80 with the default user:user --> Login just resets the password dialog box. I have tried to access via safari, chrome and firefox... same result. I'm on the same network (no subnet, no VLAN). From my home automation server, I see the login getting refused:
DSC Alarm Initializing communication at address: 192.168.1.100:4025
DSC Alarm Communication established
DSC Alarm Debug RX: 5053CD
DSC Alarm Debug Received login request
DSC Alarm Debug TX: 005user54

DSC Alarm Debug RX: 5000052A
DSC Alarm Debug ACK for cmd 005.
DSC Alarm Debug RX: 5050CA
DSC Alarm Error Envisalink refused login request.

Any assistance with these two things would be greatly appreciated.
GrandWizard

Re: Device Swap Issues

Post by GrandWizard »

1) Yes, you just go to your zone labels section on the portal and at the bottom there is an option to copy from another unit on your account.
1A) If your EVL3 was monitored, then you need someone to move your monitoring over to the new EVL4M. Submit a tech support request from the Eyezon portal

2) You have an EVL4MAX, the default password is the last 6 digits of your MAC address.
whmoorejr

Re: Device Swap Issues

Post by whmoorejr »

Thanks for the quick reply!
That ended up being pretty easy. I haven't seen any "MAX" specific instructions.... so I was stuck on the user:user for quite some time. Everything is connected now and the help desk support guy, "Ted" is working with me to swap monitoring onto the new device and delete the old device.

The only other posts on this forum about swapping out a device I've seen is from someone else with a 10+ year old device. Since these things are so bullet proof for so long, it makes sense that there isn't a lot of stuff written out there about swapping versus adding/expanding your system.

respectfully,
Bill.