Envisalink 2DS and Android Phone App?

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

mikep

Re: Envisalink 2DS and Android Phone App?

Post by mikep »

You're right, I believe I could find the IP that way. I'd be reluctant to open my firewall to forward to the envisalink port since the communication with it is not encrypted - someone with a packet sniffer could easily see the envisalink password and your security system PIN and disarm your system from the outside. I'm much more comfortable with the EYEZ-ON outbound SSL method to traverse the firewall, it's a lot safer. And I figured with the EYEZ-ON web app already available, there's no reason to take the chance.

Mike
DscServer for android/linux/windows: https://sites.google.com/site/mppsuite/dscserver
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Hey, when I first installed the app I could tap the widget to bring up the keypad screen. After a reboot of the phone it has stopped doing that. The phone vibrates, but no keypad. Anything I may be doing wrong?
mikep

Post by mikep »

Thanks for letting me know! That was a tricky one to figure out - seems like it might be an android problem. I used their sample code to register the actions for the widget, but it appears the register event comes before the widget is drawn on a boot up (it works fine when adding it), and the actions don't get registered. I've published an update that uses a different event now, and in case it doesn't work I wait 60s and set it up again just to be sure.

You may need to dispose and recreate the widget after installing the update but it should be working now.

Mike
DscServer for android/linux/windows: https://sites.google.com/site/mppsuite/dscserver
xpkiller

Post by xpkiller »

Hi,

It's cooool!!!!!
I would like to donate you ;) because this app is perfect.
I have got envisalink 3 just now and I try it.
Could you put an ssl option into your app? because I would like to setup an stunnel for this link and I can config my router that if it gets a connect to xxxx port then it will forward it (DNAT) to my server and it will redirect onto the local network and envisalink 3.

that my phone connect (ssl) -> my router (ssl) -> dnat (ssl) -> my server (stunnel) (ssl) -> envisalink 3 (w/o ssl)
xpkiller

Post by xpkiller »

Mikep, I would have a little problem, I am getting "java exception: connection time out" message when I am using continuously the app and after I push retry it will not be better just if I restart the app.
mikep

Post by mikep »

Thanks, I'm glad it's working for you :).

Native SSL is on my list, I'm still exploring options on how best to support it (since as you know, the envisalink card doesn't use SSL). Doing this securely without writing tons of code is the tricky part.

One way that does work now is to use an SSH tunnel on the phone (I use ConnectBot) with local port forwarding. You need an SSH server in your network that will forward the requests onto the envisalink port (Can you run one on your server? I use WinSSHD, but most any should work). One advantage with this is you can use whatever security scheme you're most comfortable with (I use certificates).

That's disconcerting about the connection time-out error. Have you noticed any pattern as to when it happens? If you notice something it'll help me narrow it down. I must not be releasing the connection properly since a restart fixes it.

Mike
mikep

Post by mikep »

Hi all, thought I'd mention I've released an update of the console app. You should get it automatically if you're using the google market.

Changes for 1.0.3:
- tidy up widget handling (mostly performance, it refreshes immediately if you change the device orientation)
- added a help panel
- added a bypass zones dialog (you can still bypass with *1, this dialog makes it easier)
- added Chime On/Off (*4, must be enabled for each zone at the panel)
- added Quick Arm/Exit (*0, must be enabled at the panel)
- enabled (ok, fixed...) the "Leave" button (command 32, arm with no entry delay)
- preliminary support for remote access via SSH - if you've got an SSH server you can switch between it and ip access in the options dialog

Mike
hypnosis4u2nv

Post by hypnosis4u2nv »

Anyway to have it stop reporting TPI events.. I can see this getting out of control quickly and taking over the recent events history.. For now I removed Alerts from my notification events so I don't get bombarded with messages when it does..

Also, I would love to have a way which zones can be viewed because I have a couple of unused zones between two partitions and they take up unused space.. Maybe allow the main page to scroll the zones so they don't take up everything on just one screen.. Also, if you could add color changes to the zones to show recent openings because motions open and close right away and do not show as opened zones..

mikep

Post by mikep »

Great suggestions!

I've added zone blanking, it'll be in the next update (probably by Monday when I finish the testing). If you put a "*" in front of the Zone name it'll skip that zone, like "Front Door,Front Window,*,*,Back Door,Back Window". The zones list does scroll (manually) if it doesn't fit on the page.

Do you use the widget? I only allowed for 16 zones, I can add another row or two (space in the box is the main problem).

I'm struggling with space for the countdown - I wanted to keep the zone led's green/red for open/close. I could add a countdown led beside it, but that would take up more room. Or a decaying bar? Any thoughts? Same problem with the widget.

BTW, selecting the partition from the console is coming soon too (you've probably noticed it only works on partition 1 right now).

I've noticed the reconnect issue too, but it seems to come and go - didn't happen to me yesterday at all. The envisalink stops responding to polls, I give it a few tries and then reconnect. The reconnect seems to always work so it doesn't seem to be a network problem. I'll keep digging into this one.

Mike
hypnosis4u2nv

Post by hypnosis4u2nv »

mikep wrote:Great suggestions!

I've added zone blanking, it'll be in the next update (probably by Monday when I finish the testing). If you put a "*" in front of the Zone name it'll skip that zone, like "Front Door,Front Window,*,*,Back Door,Back Window". The zones list does scroll (manually) if it doesn't fit on the page.
Awesome with the Zone blanking! As far as zone scrolling, it would be more necessary to allow for longer zone descriptions without having the keypad shrink in size so that they can be displayed.. As you can see in the previous screenshot, the keypad buttons are puny..
Do you use the widget? I only allowed for 16 zones, I can add another row or two (space in the box is the main problem).
Yes, although I believe the TPI events are related to that widget since it's running in the background on your viewable screen.. For most people, 16 zones are more than enough.. If you could add more rows, then I would have two different sized widgets to choose from so those who don't need more than 16 zones can keep the smaller widget.. I have thoughts of possibly changing the dots to zone numbers and just displaying the zones which are/have been recently opened..
I'm struggling with space for the countdown - I wanted to keep the zone led's green/red for open/close. I could add a countdown led beside it, but that would take up more room. Or a decaying bar? Any thoughts? Same problem with the widget.
Decaying bar (or dot) would be ideal!
BTW, selecting the partition from the console is coming soon too (you've probably noticed it only works on partition 1 right now).
Noticed it too, although I don't have much need for it yet since I have the zones for the apartment assigned to Partition 1..
I've noticed the reconnect issue too, but it seems to come and go - didn't happen to me yesterday at all. The envisalink stops responding to polls, I give it a few tries and then reconnect. The reconnect seems to always work so it doesn't seem to be a network problem. I'll keep digging into this one.

Mike
Thanks! Another suggestion would be to change the color of the Armed button front Green to Red when Armed..