EnvisaLink4 with Vista-48LA and Vista-50

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

caiman

EnvisaLink4 with Vista-48LA and Vista-50

Post by caiman »

Could anyone tell me if the EnvisaLink4 can be used with the Honeywell Vista-48LA and with the Vista-50?
Will I face any compatibility issues?

Thank's.

Alberto
GrandWizard

Re: EnvisaLink4 with Vista-48LA and Vista-50

Post by GrandWizard »

Neither of those panels are supported as they don't support external communicators. You can still use the Envisalink as a remote keypad, but you won't get any Envisalerts.
caiman

Post by caiman »

Thank you for your reply GrandWizard.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

I was talking to a colleague yesterday and the Vista 48LA may actually work. Honeywell seems to have changed its parlance a little which threw me off. Whereas all of the other Vista panels refer to the secondary communicator as the LRR/IP/GSM module, the 48LA calls it an ACM, but it seems to work just the same. You would enable section *29 which is called Ouput in Contact ID to ACM but entering a 1 in that field.

We can't really test it as this Vista seems to only be available in Latin America only so if you do find it works, please let us know.

The Vista 50P we know doesn't work.
caiman

Post by caiman »

Perfect, thank you very much.
cigumo

Post by cigumo »

Hi! I can confirm that the Vista-48LA works with the EnvisaLink 4.

The only change I had to make was set *55 to 0 instead of 1.
EyezOn recommends setting it to 1, but this generates a FC error, and does not dial to the alarm monitoring service.
I think it's because I have no ACM module installed (address 3) which tries first and fails.
I also get a periodic error: "Network Supervision Fault" I believe this is for the same reason, but does not seem to mater.

Thanks!
amarcuvitz

Post by amarcuvitz »

GrandWizard wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:01 am Neither of those panels are supported as they don't support external communicators. You can still use the Envisalink as a remote keypad, but you won't get any Envisalerts.
I have a Vista 50p. Could you explain when you say it can still work as a keypad do you mean to both send keystrokes and view the response that would be on a keypad display? Do you mean it is just the emails, SMS, and Push alerts that will not work.

If the EnvisaLink4 is what generates the Envisalerts based on the status info it receives on the keypad bus that is common to both the Vista 20 and the Vista 50, why wouldn't the Envisalerts work the same on the 50 as they do on the 20?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

The Envisalink is two devices in one: a keypad, and an external communicator. The keypad portion will work but because the Vista50 does not support external communicators the panel never sends any events so we can send them to you. The Envisalink does not generate alerts, the panel does.
amarcuvitz

Post by amarcuvitz »

Thanks so much for the quick response. To clarify, when you say the keypad will work, do you mean the messages that would normally appear in the keypad display will also appear on the iPhone app?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

It will show most of what you see on the icon keypad like the state of the partition(s) (armed, disarmed, ready, not ready, in alarm), which zones are open, and accept commands (arming, disarming, and bypass).

It does not show what you would see on an Alpha keypad.