Bug in TPI

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

atunguyd

Bug in TPI

Post by atunguyd »

HI I am using a system that monitors my Envasilink 4 card via TPI. It has been working without issue for a number of years, over the weekend I saw that my Envasilink card was really outdated software wise so I issued an update. It successfully updated to 01.04.176 however now I have noticed an issue.

We get regular power outages here and when the power goes out the Envisalink notifies of a partition trouble status (no problems here) however when the power returns the trouble restored is not reliably sent. This means that the system does not see the alarm system has having the partition trouble recovered and remains in an error state.

This was working fine in the old firmware version I had however I cannot say what that version was.
atunguyd

Re: Bug in TPI

Post by atunguyd »

Just to add to this.
Had another power failure today - and noticed that during the power failure I only had one partition out of 5 marked as trouble status when previously all partitions would be marked as trouble.

For the record I have this hooked up to a DSC panel with 5 partitions defined. There are about 6 key panels around the building and and they all report the trouble condition during and after power failure correctly, definitely the envisalink no longer reporting correctly.