EVL4 firmware problem

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

pos42

EVL4 firmware problem

Post by pos42 »

Hi

I have..
MAC: 001C2A016577 TYPE: EVL4 DSC Version: 176

I have had problem with EVL4 for a very long time. Now I think I have a clue...

This is from my switch syslog where EVL 4 sits in port 14.
--snip--
Nov 30 14:39:37 TRAPMGR[trapTask]: traputil.c(721) 15132 %% Link Down: 1/g14
Nov 30 14:39:39 TRAPMGR[trapTask]: traputil.c(721) 15134 %% Link Up: 1/g14
root@athena:/var/log #
--snip--

I can see here viewtopic.php?t=5115 that there is a newer EVL4 release that obviously wont download to my EVL4 automatically that fixes:
--snip--
- Improved handling of networks with high global Ethernet traffic (port flapping)
--snip--

I have a home network with around 20-25 connected units over 5 VLANs but would not consider this a big network. But I think I need firmware 208 to fix my issue.

How can I get this new firmware?

Many thanks in advance

/Peo
K-Man

Re: EVL4 firmware problem

Post by K-Man »

The newer versions of firmware for DSC EVL4 removes features that some people still use/want so engineering wont update them automatically. Also, Envisacor doesn't have a way of rolling back the firmware for versions past 1.4.176 so we didn't want to give users this option as we'd have no way of "fixing" it for them.

So, if you want the latest DSC firmware email support@eyezon.com with your MAC address and ask for the latest firmware but also include a note that you are aware you will lose:

- Local Webpage zone and partition status
- Radio Thermostat Support
- TPI login/logout notifications
pos42

Post by pos42 »

Super thanks for the fast and clear reply!

They could release another firmware fork for people having 176 just with fixes and no new features. But that is of course a lot of work. And I don't know how many that suffers from my port flapping issue. If it was many, I guess they would have pushed out a fixed firmware for the issue already.

I have done what you said and hopefully they can fix it for me so the problem will be resolved. Otherwise I have to throw out the EVL4 card :)

//Peo
coolspot

Post by coolspot »

pos42 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:57 am They could release another firmware fork for people having 176 just with fixes and no new features. But that is of course a lot of work. And I don't know how many that suffers from my port flapping issue. If it was many, I guess they would have pushed out a fixed firmware for the issue already.
I'm experiencing port flapping as well but it doesn't seem to affect the performance of the EnvisaLink. I turned off STP on the port which also seems to reduce flapping - but still over a period of 8 days, the device has flipped states 1,800+ times.