EVL4 shows 2 partitions on my DSC 1864 system

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

NukeThemTillTheyGlow

EVL4 shows 2 partitions on my DSC 1864 system

Post by NukeThemTillTheyGlow »

I'm using an older (but latest firmware 01.04.176 ) on a DSC 1864 with one expansion board in it, 16 zones total. When connected to local EVL4 UI, it shows me two partitions, "System" and "Partition 03". Both ready and both with option to arm.

I have this installed with alarm.com monitoring via a comminutor that does both LAN/WAN IP and Cellular. I am also currently integrating the EVL4 into my Home Assistant server via the evisalink_new integration and it two shows two "alarms", Alarm 01 and 02. All 16 zones pass through.

I am aware I can partition my DSC system, but to the best of my knowledge it is not. I installed it myself, but then hired a alarm servier company to finish off the programing and install the alarm.com communicator & monitoring service.

So what is "partition 03"? I can delete it from the HAOS integration visually, but curious what this all means, esp via the EVL4 local UI. Thanks!
GrandWizard

Re: EVL4 shows 2 partitions on my DSC 1864 system

Post by GrandWizard »

If it shows a partition 3 then you programmed the panel to have a partition 3. The Envisalink picks this up automatically.

If you don't need the second partition, then just turn it off in your DSC programming.

Why would you go to alarm.scam? Sheesh.