Hardware and config for DSC Neo (HS2024)

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

greazer

Hardware and config for DSC Neo (HS2024)

Post by greazer »

I'm a bit embarrassed to say I have not actually used the DSC Neo alarm system that was installed in my new house. However, I am an avid user of Home Assistant, and I thought it'd be nice to hook up the door, window, and motion sensors that came with my DSC Neo install.

So I bought an EnvisaLink 4 and wired it up as is documented in many places.

However, for configuration in the Eyezon app, I don't seem to be getting anywhere. I've tried "EnvisaLink 4 DSC" and "EnvisaLink 4 Universal" when adding the system, but after my system is found, I just see an error -- no sensor information at all, just a grid of zones that don't change in any way and general "emptiness". My DSC system is definitely showing me valid states for doors and motion around the house. So something isn't right.

Trying to peruse this forum and other places, it's really unclear to me how to proceed; however, based on what I saw in the UNIVERSAL_MODE_EZ_v3.pdf, I'm getting the sense that I might need to use other hardware alongside the EvisaLink 4 card?

Any suggestions for how to proceed would be great.

Thanks!
GrandWizard

Re: Hardware and config for DSC Neo (HS2024)

Post by GrandWizard »

The owners of DSC, Johnson Controls, will not allow third-party access to the NEO control bus so it is not supported.

The Envisalink can be used in Universal Mode but you will be limited to to what you can do compared to PowerSeries and Honeywell Vista.
greazer

Post by greazer »

Ok thanks. In what way am I limited? All I want to do is be able to make use of the existing motion sensors and door/window sensors. Is that one of the limitations I won’t be able to accomplish with universal mode?

Or maybe a better question… what CAN I do with it?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

In Universal mode you will receive alerts for fire, burglary and armings/disarmings. In terms of control, you can arm and disarm. In terms of status, it will only tell you if the system is armed, disarmed, or in alarm.
greazer

Post by greazer »

Got it, thank you.