Can someone explain the *29 configuration?

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

fjleon80

Can someone explain the *29 configuration?

Post by fjleon80 »

Manual is so confusing. It says:

*29 Start by entering 1, If you hear 3 beeps proceed to #4; if not continue with *0**.

I have a Vista 15P. I entered *2 9 1 and didn't hear beeps. So i interpreted it as, "do instead * 2 9 * 0 * *", which i did, but again, no beeps.

Having said this, I do not get the 29 Programming on panel not completed properly error in the portal anymore, so can I assume this is working properly? I do get emails when I arm and rearm. However in the future, I would like to get the $8.99 professional monitoring option, so i need to confirm if this is working

There were some other options that didn't beep , but at the end i just exited programming and at least i can arm/disarm with the phone app now, and they keypad remains operational.
GrandWizard

Re: Can someone explain the *29 configuration?

Post by GrandWizard »

What you have is correct. The newer panels (2005+) do not have any beeps after you do *29 programming.

If you are not getting any errors on your account and you are getting events in your log, all is well.
fjleon80

Re: Can someone explain the *29 configuration?

Post by fjleon80 »

thanks. perhaps the manual can be changed to reflect this (no beeps) for some of the menu options on some panel versions. it would be even greater to add a video while making the programming to prevent any potential confusion. i'm not the only one that got confused due to this, this blog post https://variax.wordpress.com/2022/05/07 ... nt-page-1/ experienced the same