Feature Request: Customize Alert Messages

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

schaesc

Feature Request: Customize Alert Messages

Post by schaesc »

Another request I have is the ability to customize the alert messages. Can I add my own text, insert zone names, etc. into the message?

If not, can you modify the current message to add two spaces between the colon and the S in the "Subject:Security Event: " section of the message. I receive text messages and the colon after subject and the S in "Security Event" are being changed to a smirking face icon in my text messages.
GrandWizard

Re: Feature Request: Customize Alert Messages

Post by GrandWizard »

You can't customise alert messages but there will be format options available shortly (SMS vs. Email). You can already insert zone names by simply naming the zones from your account. The alerting engine will use your zone label instead of its numeric value if one is defined.

Smiley face? Sure, we can make that temporary change until the reporting options is available on beta. :)

M
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

schaesc:
Can you email support@eyez-on.com with who your carrier is and a verbatim example of what you receive through your email/SMS gateway?
schaesc

Post by schaesc »

Hi. I sent the same to you yesterday. Maybe you can fix the title of the message as indicated. Thanks.