Major Notification Latency

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

cdneh

Major Notification Latency

Post by cdneh »

For the past day or so, I've been seeing delays from 30 to 90 minutes between events and receipt of the related SMS notification. Problems at the EnvisaLink end?

- Chris
GrandWizard

Re: Major Notification Latency

Post by GrandWizard »

Envisalert messages are transmitted within 1 second of reception. If there is any delay it is usually a problem with your cell carrier. It could also be that your module was offline during that event and couldn't transmit until later.

If it was the latter, that can be easily determined as you would see Network Supervsion Faults/Restorals around the time of the event.

If you think it still might be the service then email support with your MAC address, the complete Event message with timestamp, and the contact info (email address). We can then pull the transmit ticket for you from the log.
cdneh

Post by cdneh »

Yeah, it's not my cell carrier. I have other devices that use SMS to send me notifications and they continue to arrive within seconds of an event.

It's also not related to the module being "offline". There are no network interruption events listed.

Will submit a ticket.

- Chris
sledbc

Post by sledbc »

We have been having the same issue for the last few days, i tested by sending an email to the @msg.telus.net address that eyez-on uses and it comes through instantly so I am sure it's not a cell provider issue.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Telus' email to text gateway has been up and down for the last 5 days. It goes down for almost an hour at a time and then comes back for 6 or 7 hours.

We've filed a ticket with them on Thursday but still no resolution.
c-ditty

Post by c-ditty »

I am experiencing the same issue. I did some testing by sending emails to my cell immediately prior to triggering an alarm event as well as immediately after.

The emailed SMS messages arrived instantly, the event notification did not arrive (still has not, this was almost an hour ago).

Also, my latency issue began yesterday as well. I guess if only Telus subscribers are having this issue it is related to the carrier, but I found the results of my little "test" odd.
c-ditty

Post by c-ditty »

Just noticed something interesting. The SMS alerts are being sent to my phone exactly 1 hour after the event occured, right down to the seconds. This is consistent with the last few SMS that were received vs. the actual event time on the system.

The SMS comes through with the event occuring at 09:47:12, SMS received at 10:47:12.

Can this be an issue with the auto time updates and time zone settings (specifically, checking off EST daylight time vs just EST).

Anyone else notice the 1 hour or can it just be coincidence?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Telus is blocking our Alerts0 server due to the actions of one user that has already been warned.

That user has turned zone follower alerting on for his exit zones and set up his mobile phone as a contact so he's being blocked for abuse (50 SMS an hour) by Telus, and the main reporting server is also being blocked periodically.

We have suspended the user for the time being. Hopefully that fixes the problem.
cdneh

Post by cdneh »

Thanks guys. Telus-based notifications seem to be back to normal. Appreciate the effort to resolve this.

-Chris
stevew

Post by stevew »

Yes well, I got an "ARM" notification 24 hours after I armed yesterday...and it was not an e-mail issue with my provider, Gmail. I got the e-mail from my monitoring station through my TL-250 seconds after I armed. All seems normal now though.
www.autoland.ca
"Never argue with ignorance; they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience..."