EVL3 and Honeywell Vista 21IP panel not talking

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

ICQRIT

EVL3 and Honeywell Vista 21IP panel not talking

Post by ICQRIT »

Support, I have followed all the "descructions" the best that i can. twice and even 4-5times. there must be a few steps missing from the instructions or the local setup on the module I have Installed thse on DSC panels and it's a piece of cake but when it comes to Honeywell panels, not so much.

I tried your forums, other forums, you tube.. and the web, and it looks like i can't find any help to make your EVL-3 communicate with my Vista 21-IP panel

EVL-3 Mac address: 001C2A00XXXX firmware version 01.08.101. The EVL-3 is activated.

The Vista panel is a Vista 21-IP with on-board ethernet port but a non-installed GSM. I do not have it activated with TotalConnect. I have tried with the onboard ethernet jumper removed and shorted. Rebooted the panel, the router.

The red light is blinking on and off but the green KEYB is not on.. and according to the local programming when I connect to the module with the browser locally with ID:user/PW:user it tells me it's connected to a DSC system.

Any help would be appreciated
EyezOnRich

Re: EVL3 and Honeywell Vista 21IP panel not talking

Post by EyezOnRich »

Hello,

I responded to you in e-mail as well, but I thought I might as well answer here just in case others do the same thing.

The issue in your case was that when you registered the device you select "EnvisaLink 3 DSC" from the drop-down menu instead of "EnvisaLink 3 Honeywell" and that is why you did not see the correct local interface for programming the Honeywell sections.

It is very crucial that the right module is selected at that step or nothing else will work beyond that. To solve the problem the easiest thing to do is just delete the module from your account and reactivate it with the right device type.

Hope that helps,

Rich
ICQRIT

Re: EVL3 and Honeywell Vista 21IP panel not talking

Post by ICQRIT »

Rich, thank you that helped , green light is green on evl-3 and I'm as to access the local page. I am able to arm\disarm 85% of the time (its much slower than when communicating with a dsc panel) but I'm not getting any notifications at all except those sent from my central station on the pots line