Upgraded Camera Support

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

bonez

Re: Upgraded Camera Support

Post by bonez »

I'm looking at the Foscam FI8910W - can anyone confirm whether they have htis working with the EnvisaLink 2DS? (the other threads aren't clear and I wanted to ask before buying)

tia.
EyezOnRich

Post by EyezOnRich »

It does.
hypnosis4u2nv

Post by hypnosis4u2nv »

I have the same camera (FI8910W)and I don't get a picture on my Android phone. It has been like this for quite a while.
bonez

Post by bonez »

I got it working - the key for me was making sure the proper inbound ports were setup and disabling the auto plug/play. also, setup via ethernet first - move to wireless second.
hypnosis4u2nv

Post by hypnosis4u2nv »

My camera is setup and working.. I'm using the Android application IP Cam Viewer to control the camera. Everything works I just can't get a picture trying through the Envisalink Mobile page.
Attachments
Screenshot_2012-11-27-16-23-56.png
Screenshot_2012-11-27-16-23-56.png (58.62 KiB) Viewed 28976 times
EyezOnRich

Post by EyezOnRich »

Does the camera work from the EyezOn portal on your computer?
Liquidskies

Post by Liquidskies »

Hi, I have a number of Axis IP cameras and I have no problem getting the device to show up and work through the webclient, my problem is that when I select the camera it opens up in a new window and not in the actual web client. I am running and Apple iPhone for with IOS6. Anyone else experience anything like this?

Tks
EdLe

Post by EdLe »

I am a bit confused by the camera setup on my Envisalink3. It asks me if it is a local network or external, then for a name, port, user, password.
user, password, port all make sense. What about ip? is that what you put in name?

If my foscam is on the LAN at 192.168.0.56:80 and I call it "LivingRoom" with user/pwd What should go where?
My combinations have not worked so far; all I get is a black screen.

Ed
nicolasg

Post by nicolasg »

EdLe wrote:I am a bit confused by the camera setup on my Envisalink3. It asks me if it is a local network or external, then for a name, port, user, password.
user, password, port all make sense. What about ip? is that what you put in name?

If my foscam is on the LAN at 192.168.0.56:80 and I call it "LivingRoom" with user/pwd What should go where?

Ed
Usually the webcam is in the same lan/network as the Envisalink device, both behind a router.
To access your wbecam from the outside (internet) you need to port forward from your router.
All that the web portal for the envisalink does is show you the image coming from the webcam directly from the webcam by telling your webbrowser to pull the image from the webcam via the router.

Assuming "internal" webcam...
Port forward on your router a port of your choice (external port) to the webcam ip/port.
Then in the envisalink portal, set that to the port of your webcam.
EdLe

Post by EdLe »

Thank you for your reply.
I am surprised and disappointed that all the web portal does it point you at your camera. Opening your firewall and putting your camera live on the internet is a huge security issue. :shock: I made the assumption that since the Envisalink and camera were on the same LAN and Envisalink advertises "128 bit encryption" that it would communicate securely with the webportal and enable secure and encrypted internet access to all data it is presenting. But from your post, that is not the case.

What about all the other data I am receiving via the webportal? Is it sent from the Envisalink to the webportal and to my phone in a secure (encrypted and authenticated) manner?

Ed
nicolasg wrote:
EdLe wrote:I am a bit confused by the camera setup on my Envisalink3. It asks me if it is a local network or external, then for a name, port, user, password.

Ed
Usually the webcam is in the same lan/network as the Envisalink device, both behind a router.
To access your wbecam from the outside (internet) you need to port forward from your router.
All that the web portal for the envisalink does is show you the image coming from the webcam directly from the webcam by telling your webbrowser to pull the image from the webcam via the router.

Assuming "internal" webcam...
Port forward on your router a port of your choice (external port) to the webcam ip/port.
Then in the envisalink portal, set that to the port of your webcam.