SMS to WindMobile

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

MrEdski

SMS to WindMobile

Post by MrEdski »

I just became a new WindMobile customer.
Does anyone know what "Carrier" to choose, to enable the 2DS to send SMS texts to WindMobile.ca? I found that Wind allows cellnumber@txt.Windmobile.com, but I can't set that on the Carrier page.

Thanks
pounder

Re: SMS to WindMobile

Post by pounder »

Just put that for your email address, its not sms at all directly just email using the carrier's sms gateway.

Beware of the Roger's and their derivative carriers (fido etc) - you have to pay an extra $5/month in order to get sms through that sort of gateway (which is robbery).
Jon Pounder
EyezOnRich

Post by EyezOnRich »

The carrier list has been updated.
MrEdski

Post by MrEdski »

Thanks for setting this up, But I made a boo boo....

Should be txt.windmobile.ca instead of .com......Can it be fixed?

Thanks
nicolasg

Post by nicolasg »

pounder wrote:Just put that for your email address, its not sms at all directly just email using the carrier's sms gateway.

Beware of the Roger's and their derivative carriers (fido etc) - you have to pay an extra $5/month in order to get sms through that sort of gateway (which is robbery).
No you dont have to pay $5 for the service, that is if you want to avoid having to reply "read" every time you get an email. As I understand it, for one-off's you only pay for the txt message used to tell the carrier to "send you" the email.
pounder

Post by pounder »

On Bell (and the resellers like virgin, etc), you just get the message as an sms, and it either counts towards your incoming limit or is free depending on the plan, you don't have to sign up for anything.

the sender is 6245 (MAIL)
Jon Pounder
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

We have customers all over the world and Rogers is the only one we have seen that does this.