Adding a Camera

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

dmacaskill

Adding a Camera

Post by dmacaskill »

Hi, I have a Logitech Alert 750e camera and I believe it listens on port 5222. I was hesitant to add it as I didn't want to mess up the camera and it's software. Does it work and is this the port number that I should be using? And assistance is appreciated. Thanks.
EyezOnRich

Re: Adding a Camera

Post by EyezOnRich »

Actually that is the way the cameras work with our portal. You just follow the camera's instructions to make sure it is working correctly and determine what port it is working on.

Once you know that just click the "Manage Cameras" link and add the camera name and port it is listening on. We don't interfere with the camera operation at all. We just provide a convenient launch point for the camera's native interface as the ESP portal really acts as a free Dynamic DNS service.
dmacaskill

Re: Adding a Camera

Post by dmacaskill »

Hi, I found out that the camera I have uses RTSP TCP:554 for video streaming. Is RTSP something that you will be adding to be able to capture video streams? Some are using this same camera with VLC and Quicktime to receive camera video but that would use RTSP: vs HTTP:. Any direction on how to make this work with eye-zon and would there be any router configuration that would have to be done?

Thanks.