EnvisaLink 3 and Alarm Relay - Part II

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

DaveSin

EnvisaLink 3 and Alarm Relay - Part II

Post by DaveSin »

This is a follow up to my previous thread that was closed/locked.

http://forum.eyez-on.com/FORUM/viewtopi ... 7a1ba3f6f2

I sent an email to Alarm Relay, pointing out to them that the EnvisaLink 3 can indeed be used to monitor Alarm System (DSC and Ademco). They said they will be purchasing one of the units to investigate how to make the module compatible with their Central Station. I hope they work with EnvisaLink 3 Support to get this up and running soon.
This is what I found out: we had tried this before for another customer, unsuccessfully.

What we are going to do now is to order the product and try it here in the office with our equipment to see what happens. We will let you know.

Thanks again,
Alarm Relay
EyezOnRich

Re: EnvisaLink 3 and Alarm Relay - Part II

Post by EyezOnRich »

They have to contact us first for that to happen. Hopefully they realize that.
donnyk

Post by donnyk »

EyezOnRich wrote:They have to contact us first for that to happen. Hopefully they realize that.
For the sake of business growth, why not contact them?
EyezOnRich

Post by EyezOnRich »

We've reached out to them several times. With no response.

It may be that they view us as competitors but it doesn't have to be that way at all.

We think there would be great opportunity for all if we were to work together.

Maybe this time will be the charm ;)
DaveSin

Post by DaveSin »

I think the more Alarm Relay customers that tell them that they want to have their monitoring done through the EnvisaLink 3, the more receptive they will be. I don't think they want to lose a single customer to other Monitoring Companies and so it is their best interest to cooperate.

I have IP monitoring through their ARIM device (PAP2T-NA connected thru Amazon in the Cloud), which is good and reliable, but you cannot get arm/disarm, system faults, etc., from this device, nor can you remotely connect to your system to arm/disarm your system like the EnvisaLink 3. They currently support the following IP modules:

ELK M1XEP
DSC TL 150
DSC TL 250
DSC TL 260
VISTA 21ip internet module (through some third party)

So, if there are any Alarm Relay customers out there, contact them directly and exert some pressure on them to make EnvisaLink 3 work with the system!
pounder

Post by pounder »

Keep in mind the monitoring company and the web portal are 2 different things, one doesn't necessarily come with the other.
Jon Pounder