Upgraded Camera Support

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

EyezOnRich

Re: Upgraded Camera Support

Post by EyezOnRich »

Any device that you can view from "outside" your own network is "live on the Internet". Your camera was designed to work that way. Follow your camera manufacturers instructions for security which includes using password protection.

All EnvisaLink traffic is encrypted and the site is SSL. Personally I always look at my browser before sending anything important.... make sure that little lock is on.
EdLe

Post by EdLe »

EyezOnRich wrote:Any device that you can view from "outside" your own network is "live on the Internet". Your camera was designed to work that way. Follow your camera manufacturers instructions for security which includes using password protection.

All EnvisaLink traffic is encrypted and the site is SSL. Personally I always look at my browser before sending anything important.... make sure that little lock is on.
I do not think that is exactly accurate. I view my cams frequently via a VPN or ssh port forwarding. In these instances they are viewable outside my LAN, not "live on the internet" and my firewall is not compromised.

I do not know of many inexpensive ipcams which offer secure viewing natively. They all offer http, not httpS. Additionally they often use Basic Authentication with the username and password sent in the URL in cleartext.

IMHO, portforwarding your camera is not a wise decision, at least not a secure one. Which is why I was hoping that the envisalink would act as the intermediary and provide a secure method of viewing the cameras while outside the LAN. In this case, at least from what has been said here, when the "lock is on", not all the data (camera data) is secure.

Ed
bimma328

Post by bimma328 »

Can we put a Sticky on this forums with ALL the ip cameras working with the envisalink, or if there is such let me know where!! thanks :)
graham

Post by graham »

EyezOnRich wrote:The Foscam FI8910W wit Pan/Tilt control has been added now.
Should we be seeing pan/tilt controls? It's working (FI8916W), but no controls.
Smitz

Post by Smitz »

Same problem as above-not getting any camera control on portable devices?
Please advise.
gmazon

Post by gmazon »

I can see my camera using external link on the main eyez on website but see nothing but a black screen on the mobile link. Any clues.
EyezOnRich

Post by EyezOnRich »

What kind of phone, os and what browser? We are finding a few combinations that seem to have trouble.
McSweede

Post by McSweede »

Noob here so be gentle. I have 6 Dlink wireless cameras at home. I have them set up with UPnP so I can see them all on the Mydlink app on my Droid. When they are not set as UPnP they time out after 60 sec. With UPnP I can watch them as long as I like. Would these work with the EVL3? I tried setting up one with the IP and it did not show anything. Any help is appreciated!
Anvil14

Post by Anvil14 »

Are there any known dvr's that work with this board and the ip cam portal?
pifiu

Post by pifiu »

Is there a list somewhere which lists all of the compatible models?