New Feature Requests

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

huveu

Re: New Feature Requests

Post by huveu »

I've been using my Envisalink 3 with a DSC PC1616 for a couple of weeks now. Here are my suggestions for possible features:

- One click access to Away Arm and Stay Arm (w/o code). So we don't have to click ARM, wait, scroll, and click either option.
- Automatic refreshing.
- As mentioned by other users. Scheduling for alerts would be an awesome feature.

Thanks for the work you do. It is truly appreciated.
Last edited by huveu on Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
nicolasg

Post by nicolasg »

I second huveu's request
- Automatic refreshing.
My own request...
- Ability to enable/disable webcam motion detection based on alarm arm/disarm (when alarm is armed it turns on motion, when alarm disabled it disables motion).
EV3_fan

Option to hide Closing events (and better timestamps)

Post by EV3_fan »

First I wanna say the EVL-3 and your web-based services are GREAT ! :D

Now I have a serious suggestion to help reduce traffic from your servers, and maybe make the online viewers even happier... ADD an option like a checkbox on the device manager screen to Hide Closing Events of zones. And also allow this option to be set for each zone on the Zone follower setup or Zone labeling page. Either checkbox would filter out closing events from being listed. This would reduce outbound traffic/bandwidth from your servers and make the Recent events screens less cluttered, especially when someone turns on zone following for a motion sensor :o

Regardless of filtering, continue to show all events in the "View Full Log" page.

Another reason I thought this is a good idea is that when I open and close a door within a few seconds, the events may come via text a few minutes apart, and with timestamps representing the time the text was sent instead of the actual event time, it all appears very confusing. Maybe that is caused by timestamping on your end but I would prefer to see timestamps more representative of the actual event time.

Regardless of timestamps, I really don't need to see all the closing activity that SHORTLY follows openings. What do you think ? ;)
Dr_Debug

Post by Dr_Debug »

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and just recently added the Envisalink 3 to my Vista 20P.

The module is doing a fantastic job ! Thanks a lot to the inventors of this smart little device.

What I would love to see would be a "full" remote programming feature with a virtual keypad so that you can remotely program the complete alarm system (in my case Honeywell Vista 20P / support purposes).

Debug
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Dr_Debug wrote:Hi,

I'm new to this forum and just recently added the Envisalink 3 to my Vista 20P.

The module is doing a fantastic job ! Thanks a lot to the inventors of this smart little device.

What I would love to see would be a "full" remote programming feature with a virtual keypad so that you can remotely program the complete alarm system (in my case Honeywell Vista 20P / support purposes).

Debug
Virtual keypad for Ademco is high on the feature list.
sylvaing

Post by sylvaing »

GrandWizard wrote:
Virtual keypad for Ademco is high on the feature list.
I can only hope it's high for the DSC panel as well.
nicolasg

Post by nicolasg »

On the mobile portal:

- the Zone Activity list (after clicking on the one numbers) order it by time of last activity (currently its by zone number). The web interface displays zone activity by time.

- add ability to click on a number in the zone activity and have it show the last activity time (popup or tooltip or something). as on most touch devices the normal html title/alt tag doesnt show.
alarmie

Post by alarmie »

The system is awesome! Great job....I look forward to more expansion of the system in the future. I also agree that there should be the ability to toggle whether you want to arm without a code (disarming should always have a code, of course). Also, I agree that there needs to be future updates which automatically refresh the screen for status, etc. (any consideration on making an iPhone and Droid app?)

Another thing I noticed, please correct me if I am wrong, is that you can't see the status of other options you may have toggled (for example, is the chime feature on or off currently)? I will have some more input as I play with this system.

Thanks!
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Thanks for the feedback Alarmie!

If you have a DSC system you can arm without a code right now. Just select ARM STAY, ARM AWAY. We don't have something similar for Ademco so I assume its not possible (I'm not an expert on Ademco systems).

The automtatic refresh on the portal was actually removed due to network traffic issues we had back in August. There's another server migration planned for Q2 as we're almost out of the capacity...again. At that time we may put back the automatic refresh.

As for an Android App, did you look at MikeP's DSC Keypad. It rocks! Mike used the Envisalink TPI to bring this great app to our users at no charge.

As for chime, bypass etc. We could actually show this as it is available. Speaking of MikeP, I think his app shows these things. Anyhow, I'll put it on the list of feature requests.

Enjoy your Envisalink!
alarmie

Post by alarmie »

I'm running an Ademco Vista.......