Vista 20P + Envisalink 3 / Motion Sensor report "exit fault"

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

Dr_Debug

Vista 20P + Envisalink 3 / Motion Sensor report "exit fault"

Post by Dr_Debug »

Hi,

I just replaced my old Ademco Via30+ with a new Vista 20P and purchased the Envisalink 3.

So far everything is up and running and the Envisalink 3 is doing a great job (with the exception of remote programming...)

My question now is about the description of the alarm activity within the Envisalink web interface. The wireless motion sensor alarm will be displayed as "Exit Fault". All other wireless window & door contact alarms will be displayed with their correct zone description e.g. "Living room sliding door alarm".

The wireless motion sensor is configured as zone type 04 (Interior/Follower) and report code 1=1 and 2=0

When I configure the wireless motion sensor as zone type 03 (perimeter) the correct zone description will be shown in the activity list within the web interface.

Is there any option to get the correct zone description with the wireless motion sensor configured as zone type 04?

I'm planing adding on 2 more motion sensor and would like to know which one has triggered the alarm.

Thanks for helping !

Debug
GrandWizard

Re: Vista 20P + Envisalink 3 / Motion Sensor report "exit fa

Post by GrandWizard »

For this, and all Honeywell events that you feel are mis-typed, send the time of the event, what you think the event was, and your MAC to esupport@eyezon.com

Honeywell seems to have a different interpretation of some types of events compared to the SIA standards.
Catskill

Post by Catskill »

I was experiencing the same "exit fault" report when I was testing the system. The problem was that the wireless sensors are in a power saving state for a few minutes when you arm the system. I waited for about 5 minutes and faulted the motion detector and I received the actual description of the alarm.
Dr_Debug

Post by Dr_Debug »

Hi Catskill,

Thank you much ! That was the problem.

After arming the system in away mode I waited 15 minutes and pulled the trigger. Bingo the system is now reporting Zone 15 "Motion Sensor Living Room Fault"

Thanks again.

Debug
Catskill

Post by Catskill »

Dr. DeBug;

The Vista 20P user guide page 20 explains the "exit error condition" in detail.