Thermostat?

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

pounder

Re: Thermostat?

Post by pounder »

Hey Mike - I know you are in Ontario - where did you find the 80 and at what price ?

I got mine installed and setup (which for me to start and finish a project in one night is a miracle).

Couple bumps in the road which if anyone from radiothermostat is reading you should be able to fix.
- I understand about the C wire BUT what is confusing to me is the radio icon on the display lights and the lightning on it flashes with just the battery in even when the radio is clearly not powered on.
- lack of android support for setup should be easy to fix. its related to the adhoc /32 network that is available - switch to a regular ap setup and that problem goes away. I have run into this before with c2c modes on ap's
- a bit of the instructions is not entirely clear about connecting back to the thermostat to get the uuid - I understood what was going on so knew what to do, but a non-technical user wouldn't.
- I'd sure prefer an onscreen ip setup but I realize the screen is not a pixelized screen so not much is possible.

overall though pretty simple to get going. have not tried accessing it with curl yet to test to the api, but one thing I do find kind of shocking there is that there is absolutely no authentication on it that I can see. Almost need a separate ssid for this sort of use that no other clients connect to and proxy to something secured past that.
Jon Pounder
pounder

Post by pounder »

BTW - I see exactly what you mean about sluggish response - its a 5min contact schedule. The portal also seems to forget I am logged in during its ajax operations if I let the page sit for a while.
Jon Pounder
mikep

Post by mikep »

Exactly about the delay - no matter how often I explained the magic of the cloud, I kept getting told "Hey, this thing isn't working!" :).

I got my CT-30 from Amazon, and it was more than a year ago so I'm a bit fuzzy - I think it was at least $220 for the CT-80 from there.

Mike
DscServer for android/linux/windows: https://sites.google.com/site/mppsuite/dscserver
pounder

Post by pounder »

I got the ct30 from aartech which I think is pretty close to you - 99 so quite a step up to 220, not sure if its an actual sale or its always marked down like they have it right now.
Jon Pounder
mikep

Post by mikep »

Sounds like good deal, mine was $109 from amazon.com. The ct-80 is over $240 now, and still to much of a jump for me - esp since a humidistat often already comes with the humidifier.

$109 isn't worth it to be able to change the temperature while I was away (It would take a lot of trips before it'd pay for itself in savings), but it's priceless for me to grab my android phone/alarm clock off the nightstand and change the temperature without getting out of bed. Not to mention checking the alarm system or security cameras :).

Mike
DscServer for android/linux/windows: https://sites.google.com/site/mppsuite/dscserver
nicolasg

Post by nicolasg »

The slow response is due to the 5 minute contact interval, but when you are in the same LAN the update from the iPhone app is instant.
When you are away from home, does 5 minutes really matter?

I got mine from home depot south of the border for $99.

I too thought the extra $100-150 for humidifier control was not worth it for the ct80.
allanmullaly

Post by allanmullaly »

I have got 3M-50 unit and it is very especial for me. Thanks