Google Voice and Pinger Text Free

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

DaveSin

Google Voice and Pinger Text Free

Post by DaveSin »

Is there any way EnvisaLink can add Texting Support for Google Voice and/or Pinger Text Free for USA users? My mobile carrier is not on your list and I have no way to add Texting to my phone number. The carrier is this upstart by the name of Replublic Wireless, which has hybrid (Wi-Fi/Cell) calling. Both Pinger and Google Voice offers free texting.
For Pinger:
If your friend isn't using Pinger, have them text pictures to any of these addresses (it should work no matter which one they choose!):

country code - area code - phone number @mobile.pinger.com
(if you're in the US it'll look like 1-555-555-5555@mobile.pinger.com)

username@mobile.pinger.com

country code - area code - phone number @textfree.us

username@textfree.us
GrandWizard

Re: Google Voice and Pinger Text Free

Post by GrandWizard »

Just enter these email addresses in your contacts. There is actually no difference between setting up a contact as "email" or "SMS". We just provide a list of common email-to-text gateway addresses for simplicity.

If yours isn't listed just select "email" and enter the format for the email-to-text that is provided by your carrier/service provider.
DaveSin

Re: Google Voice and Pinger Text Free

Post by DaveSin »

To provide some feedback: I was able to use Pinger to get the Texts from the EnvisaLink to my Android phone by entering:

1abc1234567@mobile.pinger.com

Pinger is a free texting service and I have a Pinger App running on my device (also Web Version available). This allows free texting to a number of International Destinations, provide a free US (local) DID and allow Voice calling also. Wasn't able to get the Google Voice Texting to work, since I need to first send a text to the "contact" number/email. Pinger works fine and also using the hidden Sprint Number on Republic Wireless (1abc234567@messaging.sprintpcs.com)