What is HVAC for?

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

TMeyezo

What is HVAC for?

Post by TMeyezo »

Hi folks, got my E3 all set up with my DSC 1832 and works great. What is the HVAC section for in the iphone app and online admin page? Thx.
GrandWizard

Re: What is HVAC for?

Post by GrandWizard »

Right now we only support the EMS-100 thermostat from DSC but unfortunately it is no longer available. The rumour is that Envisacor will be offering support for the Radio Thermostat line of WiFi thermostats in the near future. These are also sold under the 3M brand at major retailers in the US and Canada.
TMeyezo

Post by TMeyezo »

Ah ha. Thanks so much for that info :) I'll check out Envisacor and see what the latest is. Thanks again!
TMeyezo

Post by TMeyezo »

After a little research I see that the wifi thermostats (3M Filtrete) are the same ones Xfinity is using for the Xfinity home security package. So thats how they figured out how to integrate HVAC into their system. So if envisacore can get those talking to the E3 then I think we have a winner.
alarmie

Post by alarmie »

Would love to have control with my HVAC as well and willing to switch out the regular one I have now. My system will be linked to my Ademco 20P. Btw, with the expansion port on the EnvisaLink 3, I am assuming that could become compatible with Z link, etc? This would be great.
karmabiker

Post by karmabiker »

Any more news on the 3m thermostats?
Flyct

Post by Flyct »

I'm not sure what advantage having HVAC access through EVL would be. I have 3 Filtrete 3M-50 thermostats directly controlled via an iPhone/iPad APP and they work flawlessly. They are WIFI connected to my home routers and allow me to monitor indoor temps, set temps, set schedules etc.

I can also control them via web page f needed. Web server is at http://www.radiothermostat.com

They are a little tricky to set up but once you get them set up they wrk like a charm.

JR
louiedonovan55

Post by louiedonovan55 »

HVAC stands for Heat Ventilation and Air Conditioning. It also refer to the release of energy through heat. HVAC systems has been for decade as indicated by the excavated cisterns and hypokaust. For modern HVAC, we have now the air conditioning and furnace against the scorching heat. air conditioning repair newhall