EnvisaLink 3 - Is there a 801.2 wireless version on the way?

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

IbrahimSS

EnvisaLink 3 - Is there a 801.2 wireless version on the way?

Post by IbrahimSS »

Hello

I'm very interested in the EnvisaLink 3 but I'm not so interested in having to run an ethernet wire down to my panel. Are there any plans for a wireless broadband version of the unit?

Thanks
sam
GrandWizard

Re: EnvisaLink 3 - Is there a 801.2 wireless version on the

Post by GrandWizard »

Not that I'm aware of.

Most people just use WiFi extenders or Powerline Carrier extenders if they can't/won't run the cable.
IbrahimSS

Post by IbrahimSS »

My basic problem is I don't have an AC outlet where my panel is. I guess I could splice power of the line going to the box but I'm not sure if that's a good idea and if it's at all possible.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Where is the AC plug for your panel?
IbrahimSS

Post by IbrahimSS »

I believe the AC power transformer is far from the panel. If I'm not mistaken it's actually near the circuit breaker. I think the power line it connects to is a home run then there is a wire that runs from there the distance to the panel. If that's the case, and I believe it is, getting regular 110-120V power at the panel will be a massive pain in the neck.

I'll check and confirm this evening.
IbrahimSS

Post by IbrahimSS »

So basically the panel is feed electricity from a transformer that's not even on the same floor and it's not even directly above or below it. I don't see how I would get 120V electricity to the panel without making some serious holes.
TMeyezo

Post by TMeyezo »

Thats exactly how my old Brinks system was installed. The panel was upstairs in a closet and the power wires were run all-the-way-down into my basement and across the room. Yep. Was like 100ft run. Really strange, however, I'm guessing that was a security move. Keep the transformer in a separate area so it cannot be unplugged easily if there was a break-in. The panel was installed so that it hid the power wire from being accessible at the panel.