Security events

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

ccgfnysec

Security events

Post by ccgfnysec »

Two questions here:

Is there an option to send arm/disarm events along with a user number who performed action?

Can one schedule when events are sent? For times when people are around, seeing motion and door activity creates a lot of e-mails, and they are not really alarm events since system is disarmed.

Thank you. And this is a one awesome device, EnvisaLink 3!
nicolasg

Re: Security events

Post by nicolasg »

#1 In the emails I get the user code that performed the action is sent along with the security event. YOu can program in the eyez-on portal a "friendly" name for the user code, so that instead of action performed by code 1, it will say action performed by ABC. Do note that it can only tell you an action/event was done by a given user when the action was done with the user's pin at the panel. (Events like closing of a door are not triggered by a pin and thus you wont know who performed it).

#2. You may have zone followers turned on. Zone followers is a feature that sends you notices every time a sensor is triggered (irrelevant of the arm status).
ccgfnysec

Post by ccgfnysec »

Would you please share what exactly needs to be configured so user code/name is sent along with the event? That is something I am looking for.

Yes, zone followers is set in my case. It may be useful for initial setup and troubleshooting, but who wants an e-mail for every event?

Thanks.
alarmie

Post by alarmie »

Login into the website. In the lower left hand corner of the screen it shows your partition(s) with your MAC #. Click on that. Once in the next screen, look on your upper right corner and you will see "Manage Device." Click on that. You will then see various options, one being "Manager User Names." Click on that. There you can update your information.

Good luck.
ccgfnysec

Post by ccgfnysec »

I have all that configured. Now, I tested an alarm condition, but received no notification of any kind, no e-mail, nothing. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.