DLS software and the Envisalink3

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

TMeyezo

DLS software and the Envisalink3

Post by TMeyezo »

Hi Folks, Is there -anyway- to get the Envisalink3 working with the DSC DLS software? DLS-5 in particular? I tired but can't get it to work.
ibrewster

Re: DLS software and the Envisalink3

Post by ibrewster »

I know this thread is somewhat old, but I also have the same question. Is there any way to make DLS software work with the envisalink, or do I need to purchase additional hardware?
tomicjr

Post by tomicjr »

AFAIK, you cannot use the Envisalink as a means to communicate to the panel using DLS.

I am using DLS 5 to connect to a DSC PC1832v4.2, but the connection is via PC-LINK.

http://www.homesecuritystore.com/p-715- ... rface.aspx($15)

The modular jack adapter connects to 4-pins on the DSC main board, and the computer end is a 9-pin serial connector. If your computer doesn't have a serial port, you will also need a USB-Serial adpater. I can confirm that the Keyspan Tripp Lite USA-19HS works. ($27)

The setup is not ideal, but I only wanted it to verify programming and capture a backup record. Most configuration is easier / faster to perform from the keypad.
stevew

Post by stevew »

You can use a T-LInk 250 (IP based) for that, and it does everything you can do from the keypad, with one or two minor exceptions, but it is $$$ for that piece of hardware. I have been using it for years.
www.autoland.ca
"Never argue with ignorance; they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience..."