Why didn't anyone make an iphone app?

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

soda97

Why didn't anyone make an iphone app?

Post by soda97 »

is it not possible?

soda
Madelinot

Re: Why didn't anyone make an iphone app?

Post by Madelinot »

Yes, of course it's possible. I'm not sure exactly why there isn't any but the fact that the website works well for most of anything probably has something to do with the fact that a separate application isn't required. With that said, you can make your own if you wish using something like OpenRemote. It's quite easy and works well. I made a simple iPhone apps last week using OpenRemote in a few hours of tinkering with it and following instructions.

Later,
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

I'm surprised as well. I think there are now 8 different Android projects for the Envisalink from our very industrious community but none on iPhone.

I'm not saying that iPhone users are lazy but .... :-)
soda97

Post by soda97 »

o I wish someone could make one for iphone.

'coz it doesn't refresh when I arm or disarm the alarm, so I wouldn't know the new status until I refresh again....

soda
bigmak

Post by bigmak »

Yes, the refresh problem is quite annoying. I wish someone could fix that on the mobile portal. It wouldn't actually be too hard either. (hint, hint)
EyezOnRich

Post by EyezOnRich »

You can refresh it anytime you like just hit the "Status" in the bottom left corner and it will refresh the screen.

The only reason we don't auto-refresh is so that you don't forget that it is open and you accidentally drive your cell data bill up.
bigmak

Post by bigmak »

EyezOnRich wrote:The only reason we don't auto-refresh is so that you don't forget that it is open and you accidentally drive your cell data bill up.
You can always stop the auto-refresh after the queued command has been processed, or if you hit some upper timeout limit, like 60 seconds. This should be an Ajax request targeting only the affected areas of the page, so the HTTP response will be quite small. There will be a very tiny impact on the data used, especially since most of the time, the queued command gets processed within a few seconds.
soda97

Post by soda97 »

Mine is about 10 sec

It'll be nicee if theres a setting you can turn on/off auto-refresh.

Soda
EyezOnRich

Post by EyezOnRich »

We'll look at those suggestions for the next rev of the mobile.
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

Why don't someone write a simple Iphone App with push notifications on alarm conditions via Envisalink. I'm willing to buy this.

Only option currently is to check for new emails every few minutes(use more data and Ios7 "Do not disturb" function prevents notification at night)

I am unable to send SMS notifications to my phone for free. (non US)