Reboot required

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

bigmak

Reboot required

Post by bigmak »

There were a couple times when I got into this weird state that required me to reboot the Envisalink before it was able to accept commands again. Both times when this happened, I was trying to send a bypass command using the mobile portal. The panel never received the command. I can see the command queued up in the web portal, and then it disappears without anything happening. I also tried sending other commands after that (including arm and disarm), but the Envisalink 3 does nothing. I then log into the card's mini-portal and noticed it is stuck in this strange refresh loop that happens every 2-3 seconds. I tried to send an arming command on the local portal, but because the refreshes are happening so frequently, I don't get a chance to enter in the user code all the way. I eventually went to the network page and rebooted the Envisalink. After that, everything works again. Commands are being sent, bypass works, refresh no longer gets stuck in a loop. Any idea why this is happening?? I'm still not 100% sure what event caused this condition to happen, but in both times where this happened, I was trying to send the bypass command through the mobile portal.
smyers119

Re: Reboot required

Post by smyers119 »

Can you please provide more information about alarm system aka vista or Dsc and model to better help you.
bigmak

Post by bigmak »

I have a Vista 20p. Thanks!
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

If you can repeat the issue, send whatever you have to support and I'll file a bug report for you. A few months ago somebody else reported something similar but could not reproduce it again.
smyers119

Post by smyers119 »

I have a Vista20p as well, and I was able to reproduce the problem as well! Wizard, how do you send a bug report? As the last forum I started for a bug you guys completely ignored me. I put in a one digit Zone Code, I am now going to try a two digit Zone code to see if the same error happens.

**Update

I tried putting in a two digit zone code aka "01" instead of just "1" and that did not work either. Both ways turned the EVL3 inoperable due to the constant refreshing. So Zone Bypassing does not work at all with Vista20p's??? Can anyone else try this to see if they come up with the same results?

Can anyone with Vista15p or Vista128 attempt this and let us know if its for all the Vista series or just the 20p?

Thanks,
-Steve
MyersIT
bigmak

Post by bigmak »

I am able to reproduce this. However, it is not consistent. I can sometimes get zone bypass to work, but sometimes, it just hoses the EVL3 until a good reboot. I'd say it happens 40% of the time. I still need to try a few more times to see if I can narrow down the exact condition that makes this happen.
bigmak

Post by bigmak »

OK, I've figured out exactly how to reproduce the problem! This is through the mobile portal. The problem will happen 100% of the time if I go to Zone Activity and press "Bypass" on the open zone. That will get me into the weird state where I am forced to reboot the EVL3. If I instead went to Commands -> Bypass, then that will work just fine. Glad there is a temporary workaround.

Speaking of the Zone Activity section, when you guys get to fixing the Bypass command there, could you make it so that I wouldn't have to enter in the zone number? I don't always remember that "Master bedroom" is zone 03. Thanks!
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Just send an email to support and I will put it in a bug report, that's all. For this matter don't bother, I have enough information for the engineers but if there is more, please email.

Thanks

M
bigmak

Post by bigmak »

Thanks for filing that bug report, M! Much appreciated! Hope my second part makes it onto the enhancement request list.