Vista 20P/EnvisaLink 3/Pager support

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

paul95831

Vista 20P/EnvisaLink 3/Pager support

Post by paul95831 »

I recently replaced my really old Vista 20P with a fresh v9.12 model, and added the EnvisaLink 3 at the same time.

The old system, if it had an alarm situation, would simply call my cell # by using the Pager 1 Phone No. option (*160). The house calling me was enough to tell me the alarm had been tripped, but not how.

With the new Vista 20P/EnvisaLink 3 setup, I can now get an email with full details. Yippee! And, I can even get a nice SMS message to my cell with the same information. Double Yippee!

Unfortunately there is sometimes a long delay (10 to 15 minutes) before the SMS message reaches me through my cell provider. :(

So now I want the best of both worlds. I want the Vista 20P to still call me (Pager 1?) and still send email and SMS.

My problem is that during testing, I can trip my home alarm and perhaps half the time the system will call my cell #, othertimes not. But I will always get the email and the SMS.

Has anyone else had this need and have it working? I believe all the appropriate field settings are correct, since it does work sometimes. Perhaps some timing issue?
Vista 20P v9.12d1 / EnvisaLink 3. Hardwired/w Zone Doubling.
DrParanoia

Re: Vista 20P/EnvisaLink 3/Pager support

Post by DrParanoia »

Funny I am getting the exact opposite behavior. So far in my testing my vista 20p has never missed 1 pager call and the Envisalink has missed 1 alarm.