Zone Activity Not changing in certain conditions Vista 20p

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

DrParanoia

Zone Activity Not changing in certain conditions Vista 20p

Post by DrParanoia »

I am seeing slightly incomplete Zone activity updating stated below:

1) I armed my vista 20p and opened the door to leave. The system arms fine in away but there is no record of that door opening on the Eyezon zone activity. It just remains saying door was closed an hour ago etc...

2) I trip a motion to create an alarm. I get my text message stating that the motion has alarmed. However on the zone grid it does not show any proof that motion zone was ever tripped.

It almost seems that the zone activity doesnt update/record anything during these certain alarm related events such as entry/exit and when alarms occur. Seems to ONLY properly record events when system is totally disarmed. Is this the intended behavior? Is it something that only happens with the Vista? Any info would be appreciated, thanks.
DaveSin

Re: Zone Activity Not changing in certain conditions Vista 2

Post by DaveSin »

Your observations (1 & 2) coincides with my experience with the EnvisaLink 3/Ademco VISTA 20P. Number 1 is not really a big concern, since we use Keyfobs (5804BDV) 90% of the time for arming/disarming once we are outside the house.

Not sure why the VISTA 20P doesn't show up on the Zone grid. When we had a inadvertent alarm event on the motion a few weeks ago and I looked at the grid, there was no indication that the motion triggered the Alarm, although the Text Alert (and Portal Info) shows that the Motion Sensor was triggered. I guess it just another quirk of the Ademco panels.
Last edited by DaveSin on Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
DrParanoia

Post by DrParanoia »

Ok thanks for confirming that this is happening with your vista as well. I wonder if this is some sort of programming adjustment? But I am curious to see what any DSC'ers chime in with their experience with the above scenarios.
ehennen

Post by ehennen »

I have had something similar. My vista 20 system sends all zone info when the system is not armed. But when I go to alarm alert, I get no email updates until I turn the arm function off and return to unarmed. It seems that this is a vista 20 issue, but what? I have been over my Vista 20 manual. If the Envisalink is simply mimicking a keyboard, and my other keyboards are in alarm, and the website says my system is in alarm, and I have email enabling set, shouldn't I be seeing it in my emails?
smyers119

Post by smyers119 »

I am going to attempt your two scenerio's as I have a Vista20p and I will get back to you.
-Steve
MyersIT
DrParanoia

Post by DrParanoia »

Ok let us know what you find smyers. Like I said it seems my vista20p ONLY records zone activity when it is FULLY disarmed.
smyers119

Post by smyers119 »

Ok, well i ran into the same limitations as you have mentioned. It's not enough to make me want to switch, but if I don't think I will be recommending Honeywell to anyone else.
-Steve
MyersIT
DrParanoia

Post by DrParanoia »

Ok Smyers thanks for the confirmation. Yea it is really not that huge of an issue and maybe not a deal breaker, but still surprised something this obvious was overlooked before releasing and heavily pumping the fact that evisalink now fully compatible with Ademco. I am not sure I would switch out panels for this either but since I have not installed anything yet I think i will send back my vista for a DSC 1832, assuming this issue does not occur in the DSC? Or if someone on here confirm that this is an issue that EyezOn is aware of and looking to fix? I have had my house armed in stay all day and not one motion detection has been recorded in the zone activity today. I am sure this is not the behavior with the DSC, but can anyone confirm? Thanks again.
smyers119

Post by smyers119 »

It might not be an envisalink issue it could be honeywell issue...Honeywell seems to have a couple querks such as making you disarm an alarm twice or you get put into a state of nothingness.
-Steve
MyersIT
DrParanoia

Post by DrParanoia »

Yea I hear you Smyers, but the thing is that this ultimatelly becomes Envisalinks issue since to me it is not as compatible as the DSC is. But yes I agree that it has to be something in the way the Vista that is causing this denial during armed state. Do you know that if this happens with the DSC or not?