Zone Activity Not changing in certain conditions Vista 20p

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

smyers119

Re: Zone Activity Not changing in certain conditions Vista 2

Post by smyers119 »

I do not know, but if you find out let me know. Accessing the EVL3 from the TCP port and attempting your scenerio's it appears its the alarm systems normal operation, and eyez-on can't change that. It seems that whatever makes it to the status display of the keypads is the same information that gets seen / reported.
-Steve
MyersIT
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

The Envisalink is at the mercy of the information that the Vista sends to the keypad and if it doesn't inform the keypads that a zone has opened, then there is little that can be done. I am not sure what is displayed on a vista keypad for interior zones when in Arm stay, but I can ask.

DSC systems work completely different and the Envisalink can work in the entire absence of a keypad.
DrParanoia

Post by DrParanoia »

That seems rather unfortunate that the evlink ...or should I say Vista does not play as nice as the dsc does with the evlink. Altho it is not the fault of the evisalink seems when used with the Vista has slightly less reporting features avIlable from the evisalink.
When the Vista is armed in stay keypad just displays armed in stay. No motion trips get displayed.
DaveSin

Post by DaveSin »

I'm confuse about something here? When you arm your system in STAY mode, doesn't the motion sensors become inactive and in reality, cannot be tripped? I know you can setup Ademco VISTA Systems so that while armed in STAY Mode, the motion sensors are still active, but all the ADEMCO systems I have seen installed, the Motions are ALL inactive in STAY mode to prevent false alarm. How is your system programmed?
DrParanoia wrote:That seems rather unfortunate that the evlink ...or should I say Vista does not play as nice as the dsc does with the evlink. Altho it is not the fault of the evisalink seems when used with the Vista has slightly less reporting features avIlable from the evisalink.
When the Vista is armed in stay keypad just displays armed in stay. No motion trips get displayed.
smyers119

Post by smyers119 »

Dave, he is not looking for them to trip the alarm, but he still wants to know when they were tripped on the Zone details.
-Steve
MyersIT
DrParanoia

Post by DrParanoia »

Dave, Smyers beat me to it. but yea I thought that with the Evisalink I could keep track of ALL zone activity in the house at ALL times. If I knew this limitation existed with the Vista would have never ordered it and would have gotten a DSC. MAybe someone else will see this and at least know in advance about this. Again for some this may not be a big issue.