API and monitoring

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

strangely

API and monitoring

Post by strangely »

Is there an API for this so that the website access could be used in tandem with my local home automation controller? I'm currently using an IT100 module and an RS232 to Ethernet converter. Not only would this simplify this, but it would also give more features!

If this was possible and could be considered, how much of the panel events will this expose when compared to the IT100?

Also how about a paid option to use this for with a full dispatch monitoring contract for those of us with no telephone lines?
EyezOnRich

Re: API and monitoring

Post by EyezOnRich »

You read our minds Strangely.

Watch for announcements about both those options very soon...
strangely

Post by strangely »

Well thats good news!

The monitoring contract is the most important for me, since I already have remote control of my panel at the moment via the IT100 and my MiOS home automation controller:http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_dscalarmpanel

I'd love to hear more about the monitoring though, and hopefully make some suggestions as I really need to get a contract sorted out soon:

*The call center needs to be UL listed
*Cost should be somewhere between $9-15 to bring it inline with existing service providers like alarmrelay.com for full dispatch monitoring etc
*Maybe consider making a strategic tie up with an existing call center, and charge a premium on top of their basic monitoring, for centralized access to panel control (an extra $ or so).

Back to the API stuff, I assume you'd use http requests as the communication protocol?
I'm also thinking that the EZ100 would also be a good device to use with a home automation controller.

If the portal and and API could be made available, then I could get it to do something along the lines of the following:

Arrive home, based on coordinates of "home", open garage door, disarm my alarm and set anything else like lights etc based on time of day etc etc.

The automatic alarm arm/disarm, you guys could actually do yourselves... providing your customer has purchased both the EZ100 and the IP100D
strangely

Post by strangely »

Any update on this? I'm really under the gun to get a monitoring contract and don't want to commit to some of the less than ideal hardware that some of the monitoring centers use!
EyezOnRich

Post by EyezOnRich »

I really appreciate your patience. We are still negotiating but hoping to have something very soon!
strangely

Post by strangely »

Any update about a tie in with a monitoring service?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

See my post on the monitoring thread

http://forum.eyez-on.com/FORUM/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=125