Move Envisalink3 from Vista 20p to DSC 1832?

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

DrParanoia

Move Envisalink3 from Vista 20p to DSC 1832?

Post by DrParanoia »

Wondering if this is possible by following the factory reset of the Envisalink in the FAQ or does the module have to replaced with a new Envisalink when moving to another panel? Anything that may go wrong with this? Thanks
smyers119

Re: Move Envisalink3 from Vista 20p to DSC 1832?

Post by smyers119 »

Finally talked yourself into switching systems? I would asume a factory reset would make it as ready as one from the factory. Good luck with the transfer and be careful with the factory reset.
-Steve
MyersIT
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

No, it is not a "factory" reset, just a reset of local programming. But, if you delete your module from your Eyezon account and then create a new one but designate it as a DSC system, it will know enough to go and download the proper firmware for itself. It can switch genders on the fly, so to speak.

So in the end, yes, you can easily do this.
DrParanoia

Post by DrParanoia »

Yea Smyers I think I am just going to go ahead and try the DSC. At this point I am not really invested at all in the Vista so I am going to try the DSC and see how it works. GrandWizard thanks, so do I even need to perform the reset? It sounds like all I got to do is just delete it from the eyeson account and than re-install again specifying it as a DSC? Any downside of this process? I can just return this one and get another one since I have had it for only a week. What do you think is the best course of action?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

You can switch back and forth between DSC and Ademco firmware without issue. The only downside is that you will lose any events that are already in your log. This would apply to replacing the module as well.
DrParanoia

Post by DrParanoia »

Ok so is it nec to perform the factory reset?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

No, it is not necessary. The reset is really just to save you if you made your module static and couldn't access it.