Delaying ENVISALINK-3 Reports

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

entelechysail

Delaying ENVISALINK-3 Reports

Post by entelechysail »

Will I have a problem when I hook up Central Station Monitoring? I know that I have probably too much redundancy, as I have ENVISALINK 3, a Dialer, and am hooking up central station monitoring as well. The reason for the latter is that I need prompt fire and duress dispatches, should they occur and a contact isn't available.

My concern is that if the phone line is grabbed by the main panel for the Central Station report, suspect that the ENVISALINK 3 will not be able to get on the DSL line for its report. Is there a way to delay the ENVISALINK's report a little so that it can still report after the line has been released? I know I can do that with my Dialer, but what about the ENV-3?

By the way, I LOVE the detailed reporting that the ENV is sending me!!!!!
smyers119

Re: Delaying ENVISALINK-3 Reports

Post by smyers119 »

Though the DSL and the phone line may occupy the same wiring it can run simultaneously. So there is no need for the delay.
-Steve
MyersIT
entelechysail

Post by entelechysail »

Thank you, Steve! I knew that DSL & Voice could operate at the same time, but I didn't know if when the panel captured the line if it made "dead" the entire rest of the phone lines in the house, as I thought that the capture was done upline of everything at where the line comes into the home. Thanks, again. Dan
PurdueGuy

Post by PurdueGuy »

If installed properly in the normal spot, a line seizure will most likely disconnect your DSL.

Usually, the line seizure is the very first thing that connects to the telephone network, and everything goes downstream from that.

You could take the network connection, immediately split it in 2:
A) DSL filter* -> Alarm panel seizure -> Rest of house
B) DSL modem

*You can use a DSL splitter, which has 1 port for the DSL modem, and another port for the rest of the house.

More info here:
http://www.doityourself.com/forum/elect ... dsl.html#b
Envisalink-3DS, DSC1832, Vera3