Dialer Sending Reports? Vista 20p Setup

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

EOppegaard

Dialer Sending Reports? Vista 20p Setup

Post by EOppegaard »

I have a Vista 20p panel with POTS monitoring through AlarmRelay.

I am getting ready to setup the panel, and I see I will need to enable additional reporting to be able to have these sent to the EnvisaLink module as well.

Are these also going to be sent via the dialer as well? Obviously I don't want the system dialing out every time a contact or action is logged.

In reviewing the programming instructions specific to the Vista panel, it states that I may need to specify different settings should more than one communicator be installed. I am assuming...I have more than one communicator now.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

-Eric
DaveSin

Re: Dialer Sending Reports? Vista 20p Setup

Post by DaveSin »

Eric:

As far as your second question goes, the POTS dialer would be connected to terminals 21, 22, 23 and 24 (assuming RJ31X connection). This is NOT considered a second Communicator. So, as far as your setup is concerned, you will have only one Communicator...the EnvisaLink 3 (connected to the ECP terminals).

I also Alarm Relay Central Station Monitoring and I do not see any additional outgoing reporting via the dialer. You could contact Alarm Relay to confirm, by explaining what your plans are with respect to the addition of the EnvisaLink 3 and would the changes made to the programming cause additional reporting to them.
EOppegaard

Post by EOppegaard »

Thanks for the response DaveSin.

Digging last night I found my answer (I thought) in this thread: http://forum.eyez-on.com/FORUM/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=606

It seems as though I may actually have reports go through the dialer as well. I know AlarmRelay offers the service for reporting, however I don't want to pay for it since I will have the EnvisaLink :-)

If I may ask, are you using POTS? Or are you using their ARIM?
DaveSin

Post by DaveSin »

I'm using their ARIM device ( :grin: ), which technically, is using the Telephone Terminals on the VISTA 20P. I have it connected to Terminals 23 and 24. The ARIM device is just a VOIP dialer (equivalent to a POTS Line). Since it is a dedicated device, there is no need to seize the line during an alarm event, so no RJ31X involve (Terminal 21 & 22 is not used/connected). That said, if additional alerts were being sent, it will be sent out through the ARIM device just as it would with a POTS/PSTN line!

I will test by arming/disarming the system remotely to see if any event reporting is sent out through the ARIM.

EDIT: Just test this and YES, when I disarm/arm the system, it did send a signal via the ARIM to the Cloud Server/Central Station! I could see the VOIP Statistics on the ARIM as it made the outgoing call. Alarm Relay doesn't seem to be concerned with the increase reporting, maybe because it is sent their Server in the Cloud first and I'm not sure if they can filter out extraneous data at their Servers, before passing the information to the Central Station.
Last edited by DaveSin on Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
EOppegaard

Post by EOppegaard »

Awesome DaveSin, thanks for the info.

Hopefully it will still be the case with the POTS monitoring. We have a dedicated phone line for the alarm, so it really isn't an issue if it is dialing all the time :lol:
EOppegaard

Post by EOppegaard »

Just an update, got the EnvisaLink today, registered, and connected it up. So far seems to be working okay. However AlarmRelay has called me a few times saying they have received an "unknown report" from the residence upon us disarming the system.

I haven't looked into it more, plan to run a few more tests this weekend. They said if the unknown reports continue, AlarmRelay will open a support case.
DaveSin

Post by DaveSin »

It will be interesting to see what the source of the "Unknown Report" is. How many partitions do you have on your VISTA 20P? What does #65 shows in programming mode?

If I not mistaken:
*65: Open Report Code, Default Values are: [0,0,0]; Part. 1, Part. 2, Common

After EnvisaLink 3 re4lated-changes, should it be: [1,0,0] or [1,1,0] or [1,1,1]???
I wonder if it is reporting Partition 2 as being active, even though it is not applicable to your system (just a guess). Maybe you could ask for feedback on the diysecurity forum regarding the *65 (open Report Code) and what is appropriate for your setup.

http://www.diysecurityforum.com/index.php?board=5.0

I am not Alarm System expert, so cannot advise as to the issue you are having. BTW, when you disarm your system, what event(s) shows up in the "Recent Activity Logs? You should have a single event showing as (assuming you have a single Partition):
2013-04-06 07:52:39 - Opening By User XYZ- Partition 1
EOppegaard wrote:Just an update, got the EnvisaLink today, registered, and connected it up. So far seems to be working okay. However AlarmRelay has called me a few times saying they have received an "unknown report" from the residence upon us disarming the system.

I haven't looked into it more, plan to run a few more tests this weekend. They said if the unknown reports continue, AlarmRelay will open a support case.