dsc 1616.. need help

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

vc21vc

dsc 1616.. need help

Post by vc21vc »

this is the second unit I am attempting to install... the first one I installed went fairly easy, connect all four wire to the keybus and connect the rj45. Everything wordked.. this was installed on a DSC 5010 (832)

The second one im installing is on a DSC 1616.. I do the same thing.. connect all four wire to the keybus and connect the rj45

But the weird thing with this one is that the two keypad installed in the house wasn't working properly. ie. both the ready light and trouble light will go on and off... lights on the keys will blink and go off.. unable to program the time...

I have tried removing the wires and reconnecting it, I've replaced the wire thinking there might be a short somewhere in the wire..

once the envisalink has been removed from the keybus, system resumes to 100% working

can someone help and let me know what I am doing wrong?
Lew

Re: dsc 1616.. need help

Post by Lew »

Looks like a power supply issue at first glance. Try to disconnect one keyboard and reconnect the Envisalink to rule out the hypothesis.
vc21vc

Post by vc21vc »

Same issue... Is it possible that I have a faulty envisalink
vc21vc

Post by vc21vc »

When I power up the panel.. The keypad will show program.. Then the time slots will appear (--:--) then ready and trouble will blink intermittently.. And when I press any numbers on the keypad it will beep a second later... ......

Any ideas?

Is there any programming need to enrol the envisablink as a keypad???
Lew

Post by Lew »

I didn't have to enroll mine for it to work. Are you able to get to the Envisalink home page?

I have 4 devices on the keybus with the Envisalink. If all the status leds are normal on the EVL-3 controller, (board red and green and the 2 ethernet Link and Data), I would try to measure the total current draw. My intuition is tickling towards this issue.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

What are the status LEDs on the Enivsalink doing?