24 zones (from originally 16) after EnvisAlarm signup

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

corporate_gadfly

24 zones (from originally 16) after EnvisAlarm signup

Post by corporate_gadfly »

Hi,

Just wondering as I am now seeing 24 zones in the portal (used to be 16 originally) after I signed up for EnvisAlarm (prepaid for a year).
Is that expected?

Any insight into what zones 17 thru 24 are? Zones 09 thru 16 correspond to my internal alarm panel (like front door sensor, kitchen window sensor etc.).

Thanks in advance and apologize for the newbie question.
smyers119

Re: 24 zones (from originally 16) after EnvisAlarm signup

Post by smyers119 »

From what I understand, The EVL usually shows the highest zone detected in multiples of 8. for example if i had 9 hard wired zones then it would show 16 zones. or if I had 1 hard wired zone and 1 wireless zone 30 then it would show 32 Zones. But I might be wrong on this. But either way just because you are seeing Zones 17-24 does not mean you have all of them programmed on your system.
-Steve
MyersIT
corporate_gadfly

smyers119 wrote:From what I understand, The EVL usually shows the highest zone detected in multiples of 8. for example if i had 9 hard wired zones then it would show 16 zones. or if I had 1 hard wired zone and 1 wireless zone 30 then it would show 32 Zones. But I might be wrong on this. But either way just because you are seeing Zones 17-24 does not mean you have all of them programmed on your system.
Well, that's the thing. I never saw zones 17-24 until today.

The only correlation I can make is that I signed up today for EnvisAlarm. I am pretty certain the zones were not there earlier.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

We show either the highest zone detected (in groups of 8) or the highest zone you have created a label for. So if you created a label for Zone 17, you would see 24 zones.

It has nothing to do with Envisalarms
corporate_gadfly

GrandWizard wrote:We show either the highest zone detected (in groups of 8) or the highest zone you have created a label for. So if you created a label for Zone 17, you would see 24 zones.

It has nothing to do with Envisalarms
That was it!! I did put a zone 17 label the other day.