20P Configurable zone not reporting

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

dcuste

Re: 20P Configurable zone not reporting

Post by dcuste »

smyers119 wrote:I have a solution for you....but not enough time to write it down white this minute. I will try to get back to you before tonight

Steve,

I've been pondering this all morning. I'm now thinking your solution is to put my two monitoring zones onto partition 2 and leave partition 2 always unarmed. I'll wait to hear back from you before I try anything because I have never worked with partitions and I don't know if EnvisLink plays well with them either, but I can see how that could be the hot ticket for sure. I eagerly await your advice.

Dave
smyers119

Post by smyers119 »

Steve,

I've been pondering this all morning. I'm now thinking your solution is to put my two monitoring zones onto partition 2 and leave partition 2 always unarmed. I'll wait to hear back from you before I try anything because I have never worked with partitions and I don't know if EnvisLink plays well with them either, but I can see how that could be the hot ticket for sure. I eagerly await your advice.

Dave
That is exactly what I was thinking, since you sound leery about sending Alarm Relay extra alarm reports. Sorry it took so long to get back to you, it's been a busy day. As far as I know envisalink works fine with partitions.

After you are finished let me know if it works!

Good luck!
-Steve
MyersIT
smyers119

Post by smyers119 »

I just can't figure it out why an event that happen 6 hours ago is listed between events that happened 3 hours ago. Am I the only one having these issues?
Are you talking about Zone faults? They are listed by Zone number
-Steve
MyersIT
smyers119

Post by smyers119 »

Even when I arm the panel through EnvisaLink, I don't get a report back that it is armed for minutes.
This sounds like you could have a delay set in data field 50. By "report back" do you mean receiving a SMS?
-Steve
MyersIT
dcuste

Post by dcuste »

smyers119 wrote:

That is exactly what I was thinking, since you sound leery about sending Alarm Relay extra alarm reports. Sorry it took so long to get back to you, it's been a busy day. As far as I know envisalink works fine with partitions.

After you are finished let me know if it works!

Good luck!
Thanks Steve.

I just tested it out and it does work. I armed the partition 1 of the system and then turned on the irrigation system. I did NOT get an SMS, so I turned if back off. At that time I did get the SMS message showing the irrigation was off. I then checked my email messages and had received both the message for it being turned on and turned off at the proper times. Then 25 minutes later I got the SMS message showing that the irrigation had been turned on 35 minutes earlier.

I guess this delay in the "water on" message is not an Eyez-on issue and just has something to do with how AT&T delivered the SMS, but it seems strange that AT&T would deliver the SMSs out of order. I had noticed similar happenings yesterday during my testing.

The other thing I just noticed is that these two configurable zones are reported in the email and SMS by Eyez-on as being in partition 0. I went back to look at the reports from yesterday when I had these two zones in partition 1 and they were being reported as partition 0 then too. This is no big deal to me, but is kind of strange. Everything else looks like I would have expected.

I see now that the zone activity report on my cell phone is in order of the zone numbers. The report doesn't give the zone number, just lists the name, so I had no clue why they were showing up in other than chronological order. Maybe you can tell me why on the zone activity display they show numbers like 6 7, 14 15.... on the right hand column. I would think it would be something like 1-8, 9-16..... instead. Very strange.

I probably am too inexperienced at this to be commenting on system reliability, but in my experience I know POTS is very reliable even during power outages. I have a 1000 watt UPS on my modem and router and some other minor equipment and it will only buy me 2 hours during a power outage. I just don't know enough about the reliability of other companies equipment to feel comfortable enough to switch over. I would like to get a loss of AC report as soon as it happens but for some strange reason Honeywell decided that a random time up to 4 hours later is good enough. I suspect they did this so that the central office won't get thousands of reports all at once during a wide spread outage. Do you know of a workaround to get a SMS sent as soon as the power goes out? The only thing I can think to do would be set up another monitor zone in partition 2 with a relay energized by the AC power supplying the 20P. When the power goes out, the relay opens and Eyez-on sends me a message. That will work but there has to be a better way.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

The other thing I just noticed is that these two configurable zones are reported in the email and SMS by Eyez-on as being in partition 0. I went back to look at the reports from yesterday when I had these two zones in partition 1 and they were being reported as partition 0 then too. This is no big deal to me, but is kind of strange. Everything else looks like I would have expected.
Ademco, and other companies, use Partition 0 to mean system-wide.

I see now that the zone activity report on my cell phone is in order of the zone numbers. The report doesn't give the zone number, just lists the name, so I had no clue why they were showing up in other than chronological order. Maybe you can tell me why on the zone activity display they show numbers like 6 7, 14 15.... on the right hand column. I would think it would be something like 1-8, 9-16..... instead. Very strange.
Only zones that have activity on them are reported. Why would you think that strange?
dcuste

Post by dcuste »

GrandWizard wrote:

Only zones that have activity on them are reported. Why would you think that strange?

Because of your comment, I checked what the mobile portal link looks like on my PC and discovered that my phone is displaying it differently than how it is designed to be displayed. On my phone none of the squares on the zone activity screen have numbers in them. It just displays 40 red or black squares and there is a column just to the right of the matrix on the first row is a 6 7, the second row is 14 15, and so on until the bottom row has 38 39. Those numbers have nothing to do with activity of the zones. I now think it is just the way my phone displays the matrix. I don't understand it, but the display on my PC shows up much better than the identical display on my phone. I think I need a new phone.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Just out of curiosity, what kind of phone is that?
dcuste

Post by dcuste »

GrandWizard wrote:Just out of curiosity, what kind of phone is that?

It's a samsung T528G. I always knew it had a pretty lousy browser. I should have know the phone might not have been displaying the page correctly.