reboot required for commands

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

dcuste

reboot required for commands

Post by dcuste »

My Envisalink 3 is connected to a Vista 20P. It has been zone following normally for the last few days, but I haven't tried any commands. Today I went to bypass a zone from my phone browser and it didn't work. I then tried other commands and they didn't work either. I then got on my PC and tried commands from the EYEZ-ON website and I still couldn't get it to respond to a command although all the zone status appeared to be working normal. I then went directly to the board by entering envisalink into my browser. I wasn't able to even try to arm the panel because it was continually refreshing ever second and that didn't allow me enough time to put in the code and hit the arm button. I then went back to the EYEZ-ON website and selected the reboot link. That seemed to do the trick any now all is well as far as I can tell. Is this a common problem? Got any ideas why it would start acting this way and require a reboot?
smyers119

Re: reboot required for commands

Post by smyers119 »

-Steve
MyersIT
dcuste

Post by dcuste »

Steve,

That's the same problem alright. Is there a list somewhere of know bugs for the Vista panels? One other bug that should be on the list for a Vista panel is that partition 1 doesn't work with keypad address 23. Eyez-on also lists a keypad address of 31 for partition 1 and 0 for partition 2 that I never tested, but are not mentioned in the Vista installation manual as being valid. I suspect that they will not work as well.

As much as I enjoy this kind of stuff, I really don't want to have to read through the whole forum to try and figure out which comments are about known problems that might affect my setup. It would be really nice if Eyez-on would just post a few lists of known bugs for each panel type and then update the list as the bugs are fixed. I've given up on suggesting improvements, but is a known bug list asking too much?
EyezOnRich

Post by EyezOnRich »

I'm looking at this one right now. Should be solved in the next 24 hours.

R.
EyezOnRich

Post by EyezOnRich »

SOLVED