Manage Contacts

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

DeanRobinson

Manage Contacts

Post by DeanRobinson »

I use a Iphone and I don't pay for texting. Is there a web base SMS texting or App. that anyone use's that matches up with the list on the SMS/TEXT part of the contact managing portion of the setup. I get the emails just not the text.

Hope that questions makes sense.

Thanks!
Dean
DaveSin

Re: Manage Contacts

Post by DaveSin »

You could try Pinger. They is a Web Version and an iPhone/Android app also. Free texting to certain international destinations, etc.

http://www.pinger.com/content/home.html
DeanRobinson

Post by DeanRobinson »

I have Pinger and Text Plus but there NOT on the list to pick from when setting up the contacts. And was not able to see where to type it in the SMS part manually.

Thanks!
Dean
DaveSin

Post by DaveSin »

See this thread for the format to enter for Pinger:

http://forum.eyez-on.com/FORUM/viewtopi ... b3cd#p2439
DeanRobinson

Post by DeanRobinson »

I put in the information in the manage contacts using the format 1ABC1234567@mobile.pinger.com
at first I was not able to get it to send me the verification, I had to press the re-send pin button many times before it came through. Then I decide to also text the text free App. "Same Company" and it would never go through. I did use the @textfree.us, Then gave up on text free and went back to setting up Pinger. Since then the Envisalink will NOT send any verification text to Pinger.

To do a test I went into outlook and sent a text Msg. to the SAME Pinger account I am setting up in Envisalink and it goes through with no problem.

So either Envisalink is not sending the text OR Pinger is blocking them.

Any thought or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Dean
DeanRobinson

Post by DeanRobinson »

Well Good news! I finally got the texting portion working, I ended up creating a NEW account on pinger and it started working. Though it doesn't make sense that fixed it since pinger did work when text to and from other device that does not use SMS gateway.

In any case I am a very happy camper!

Dean
DaveSin

Post by DaveSin »

What occurred was that you blocked incoming text from EYEZ-On by inadvertently clicking on one of the text. It has happened to me and the only way to unblock it was to send a text back to the EYEZ-ON (contact), which is not possible. So the solution was just to create a new account. Watch out for the blocking of this new account. It is hard for me to explain it, but that is what happens.