No Reporting

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

DeanRobinson

No Reporting

Post by DeanRobinson »

I have everything setup on my panel and Envisalink-3 I am very impressed with it overall. In fact I am ordering another one tomorrow for my other house.

The only quirke I see once in a while is that I don't get the notification "Text Or Email" of an event or occurrence.

It's like the server wasn't able to send it, Maybe heavy traffic or something. Just wondering if anyone else see's this sometimes.

Thanks!
Dean
smyers119

Re: No Reporting

Post by smyers119 »

the EVL servers always send it out, the question would be i your text/email servers are passing it on to you.
-Steve
MyersIT
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

If you've programmed your account to receive a text or email for an event, it is ALWAYS sent. In all cases it is the ISP or cellphone carrier that is either blocking, or dropping the alerts.
DeanRobinson

Post by DeanRobinson »

I tried a test yesterday, I setup 2 different texting SMS gateways, Text Free "Pinger" And Text Now

Then I created some conditions to send the messages, Sometimes both texting Apps. received the notifications within as few Secs. of each other. However a couple of times I never received any text on Text Free "Pinger" or it was delayed, But the Text Now did send most of all messages of the the test's I ran.

So for now I am going to leave both SMS texting software on my Iphone to monitor everything. For now I will say Text Now is the better choice.

Thanks!
Dean