*29 long range radio programing problem

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

smyers119

Re: *29 long range radio programing problem

Post by smyers119 »

smyers119 wrote:Sorry,

It might be something eyez-on will have to change in there firmware. I sent GrandWizard the information they need to come up with a solution. It appears this is going to effect any Vista 15p or Vista 20p panel with a prom revision greater then 8.1
I think I got a little ahead of myself with this post, and forgot the golden rule "K.I.S.S." "Keep it simple stupid!"

Should of listened to GrandWizard,
GrandWizard wrote:There's got to be something very simple here that we're all missing.
I think now that we got *29 down it's a problem or delay caused by one of the fields that we never asked about due to us focusing on the issue at hand.
-Steve
MyersIT
britboy1

Post by britboy1 »

Hi,

I also have vista 15p and get the exact same prompt. if I do shadowing I also get LRR fault..
smyers119

Post by smyers119 »

britboy,

does everything work for you as well except for alarm reporting?
-Steve
MyersIT
smyers119

Post by smyers119 »

Message subject: Re: *29 long range radio programing problem
Sent: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:25 pm
To: smyers119
With the *,* i can report it all worked great. I also get alarm reporting. I had the tuxedo ctrl panel, and it did not require shadowing, basically the defaults worked fine. Of course remember to turn on sone reporting for each zone you care about in the 15p.

Thanks!
I believe we solved the problem with "*29,1,*,*"

Thanks for the confirmation britboy

****SOLVED****
-Steve
MyersIT
Poolman

Post by Poolman »

Similar issue here CHECK 103 LNGRNG Radio 0000

Vista 20P 9.12

I've double checked all settings. Did * 29 1 * * *
Seems to have fixed it, but needed an extra *
ludoo00

Post by ludoo00 »

Sorry to be a pain, but my problem is not resolved. Yes, the 3* after *29, 1 allows you to get passed the screen that says: program, diag., quit, but when checking if the settings have been saved by typing #29, it still says not in use/ EE. I am still not receiving alerts when the actual alarm is triggered.
I have called ademco and they are unable to help, unless I am working for an alarm company.
The person who installed the panel will not help because I am no longer a customer.
Not sure how other people have resolved this issue. Are you actually receiving email alerts after the sirens are being triggered?
smyers119

Post by smyers119 »

ludoo, you are obviously not reading anything we post! I told you the reason that #29 gives you an ERR, I told you what else you need to do in order to get this to work, I am not going to repeat everything. Sorry about your luck.
-Steve
MyersIT
ludoo00

Post by ludoo00 »

Wow!
Sorry for pissing you off, but I read every single post in this thread! Seems to me not figuring it out is frustrating you as much as me. I did everything step by step and guess what? Still not working. Problem NOT solved.
It is just interesting that since I posted the question more people with 15 p panels are reporting having the same issue.
All we have is a private message to you stating that it "all works great" and poolboy saying it "seems" to work fine.
Did *29, 1,*,*,* and enabled shadowing. Still not getting the alerts when alarm is being triggered. Yes, all my zones are turned on and alerts work fine when system is not armed. But isn't envisalink supposed to help with system being armed?
Maybe my access to the forum does not allow me to read the messages in this thread that you seem to talk about.
smyers119 wrote:ludoo, you are obviously not reading anything we post! I told you the reason that #29 gives you an ERR, I told you what else you need to do in order to get this to work, I am not going to repeat everything. Sorry about your luck.
NonTech

Post by NonTech »

ludoo00:

Do YOU have any IP/GSM/LRR module installed on YOUR VISTA 15P? The question was put to you before, but I did not see where you provided a definitive Yes or No answer.

If you DO NOT have IP/GSM/LRR module installed, then you have to access the EnvisaLink local page (192.168.1.xx) and make sure that

Enable IP/GSM/LRR Shadowing? box is unchecked!!! If you do have one of these modules the box must be checked.

If YOU DO NOT have IP/GSM/LRR module installed:

2 - IP/GSM/LRR Setup
If you DO NOT already have a special communications module installed, you must enable support for this in section 29. If you do have a module installed, then skip this step but make sure you have enabled "shadowing" in the previous section.
Go to section 29 by entering *29, and hit 1 to enable LRR support.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Ludoo00:
I checked your account and you have your LRR set up correctly as I see many events from your panel, all openings and closings. So your problem isn't this.

If you are not getting any alarm reports then it is most likely you didn't set your zone reporting codes to something other than 0 as it states in the manual. You have to do this for each zone on your system. The Ademco default is 0 which means the zone will not be reported as an alarm.