Does Envisalink 3 affect current AlarmRelay monitoring

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

stroh

Does Envisalink 3 affect current AlarmRelay monitoring

Post by stroh »

I have searched here and online and find differing answers to this question.

I currently have had AlarmRelay monitoring via POTS line for many years and have no intentions of changing that at this time. I would like to install the Envisalink 3 to add additional accessibility, future camera control, and home automation features.

Can I keep my AlarmRelay monitoring unaffected by the installation of the Envisalink 3 or will the installation change something? I see comments about additional fees and error messages sent to AlarmRelay have these issues been resolved or are there workarounds?
EyezOnRich

Re: Does Envisalink 3 affect current AlarmRelay monitoring

Post by EyezOnRich »

Depends on your panel.

If DSC, there are no issues.

If Honeywell, they don't interfere, but you may have to turn on some features in your panel to see activity in the EnvisAlerts interface. Turning those on will send additional signals to the monitoring station. That is what people are talking about.
stroh

Re: Does Envisalink 3 affect current AlarmRelay monitoring

Post by stroh »

Thanks for the response. I have a DSC panel so shouldn't be a problem. Alarm Relay answered an email I sent to them with the following:
We have received your email regarding the Envisalink 3. You should be able to use that device independently of our monitoring service without any problems with your current connection type (phone line). If you have any issues please contact us at 800-624-6866 and ask to speak to the service department.
Looking forward to getting it ordered and installed!