EVL-3 Connection with wireless bridge

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

billyrusa

EVL-3 Connection with wireless bridge

Post by billyrusa »

Security control panel was installed in a place that is hard to access network cable. I tried to use a wireless bridge to connect the evl-3 to home network. Unfortunately, the EVL-3 will not work when connecting by wireless bridge. It will work if directly connect to a hub/switch. I have tested the wireless bridge by using a laptop and make sure the bridge works perfectly.
Anyone has a solution how to connect EVL-3 to home network by using wireless bridge?
DeanRobinson

Re: EVL-3 Connection with wireless bridge

Post by DeanRobinson »

You should be able to use a WAP.

I have used a "Airlink" Client Wireless Access Point to connect up the EVL-3 to my network for the first month and had no problems, However a bridge is normally used for connect 2 different networks. Not sure how you have your bridge configured for.
austinrocks

Post by austinrocks »

wireless bridge works well for me. even my panel and my router are far apart and I couldnt run new cable.

I bought TP-LINK TL-WR702N Wireless from Fry's. costed me around 26$ including taxes. I set it up in "Repeater mode" and connected cat5 cable from that to my envisalink.

I have been using for past 3 days. I only got one event of "network down..." and I had to disconnect power to the TP-Link and reconnect and since then it has been working again.

let me know if you need exact details, when I go back home I can share exact details on TP-Link.
billyrusa

Post by billyrusa »

I configured the wireless module of the router as client which receives signal from WIFI of main router. The wireless port and the other 4 Ethernet ports function as a hub. All other router features have been disabled. I have tested with laptop which is in the same subnet as the main router and is able to access internet.

Anyway, do not want to spent more time on this. Fixed the problem by a HARD easy way. I ran a cable in attic to connect the evl-3 (on first floor) and the house main router(on second floor).
cbskibum

Post by cbskibum »

"austinrocks said " I bought TP-LINK TL-WR702N Wireless from Fry's. costed me around 26$ including taxes. I set it up in "Repeater mode" and connected cat5 cable from that to my envisalink."
I followed same path - seems to be a reasonable solution. Took me a bit to figure out best config for the WR702N but once set and saved tests out fine. Will go through full menu over next week and determine that all is well