How to disable remote ARM/DISARM

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

billyrusa

How to disable remote ARM/DISARM

Post by billyrusa »

Just setup EVL-3 on Vista 20P.
How can I disable remote Arm/Disarm feature on eyez-on website?

I would like to disable the remote arm/disarm feature while still be able to keep receiving alert email and/or SMS.

Which port and protocol should I block?

Thanks.
GrandWizard

Re: How to disable remote ARM/DISARM

Post by GrandWizard »

This isn't possible.

User codes for arming and disarming are not stored, nor captured, nor cached on the Eyezon servers. The only person who could disarm your system would be someone who has your Eyezon credentials AND has a valid user code.
billyrusa

Post by billyrusa »

Thanks for the reply.
I understand EyzeOn is doing and will do their best to secure all the internet communications. However, it is happening very often that the secured communication is broken by someone in modern days. I would like to put this critical operation commands fully in my hand.
Even the arm/disarm require user code, it is kind of scare me that some servers can freely reach the EVL-3 board behind my home router. I would like to be able to filter any inbound command when it come through my home router.

Ideally, I would like the EVL-3 be configurable to only send out alert messages. I will send arm/disarm commands to local web server on board through VPN connection.
Adavis001

Post by Adavis001 »

I have the same question. I have a Honeywell system and I have followed the special Honeywell instructions, but I can't get it to am via my phone tablet. I can see the status, I get alerts, but when I try to arm I get a yellow box with a checkmark.
mikep

Post by mikep »

billyrusa wrote:Thanks for the reply.
I understand EyzeOn is doing and will do their best to secure all the internet communications. However, it is happening very often that the secured communication is broken by someone in modern days. I would like to put this critical operation commands fully in my hand.
Even the arm/disarm require user code, it is kind of scare me that some servers can freely reach the EVL-3 board behind my home router. I would like to be able to filter any inbound command when it come through my home router.

Ideally, I would like the EVL-3 be configurable to only send out alert messages. I will send arm/disarm commands to local web server on board through VPN connection.
If it's a DSC panel you can use the DscKeypad app for android. I've got it set up to support an SSH configuration - you use something like ConnectBot to set up a bridge from your phone to an SSH server on your premises. Then you can use the Keypad to control the system remotely, and leave it hooked to Eyezon for alerts. If you never use the Eyezon service to open your system your PIN never leaves your phone unencrypted. If you're really paranoid about letting devices in your network make outbound connections you can block the envisalink and you're locked up tight.

Mike
DscServer for android/linux/windows: https://sites.google.com/site/mppsuite/dscserver