Honeywell control board EVL 3 compatibility?

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

RMitch

Honeywell control board EVL 3 compatibility?

Post by RMitch »

I am planning to order an Envisalink 3 module to use with an existing security system in a house that I purchased. I was hoping to ensure compatibility before I placed an order. Does anyone know if the following will work.

The control board is listed as a First Alert FA168C-GP, which research showed as a rebranded Honeywell Vista 20P for Guardian Security. Should I expect this to work with the EVL 3 like I am currently assuming?
GrandWizard

Re: Honeywell control board EVL 3 compatibility?

Post by GrandWizard »

If you are sure it's a Vista 20P, then it will work.
RMitch

Post by RMitch »

It worked, I installed the Envisalink a couple of days ago.

My biggest issue is that Guardian must have something custom in the software for the FA168C-GP to block viewing the installer code or changing it without the current code, unlike a stock Visa 20P.

I had to unplug the alarm to get into programming mode by holding *# to go through the setup items for the Envisalink on a Honeywell unit.
NonTech

Post by NonTech »

I'm a little bit curious here. Do you have an alphanumeric Keypad, such as the Ademco Honeywell 6160 or 6160RF? Would having one of the aforementioned had made a difference in the programing of the FA168C-GP to work with the EnvisaLink 3?
billyrusa

Post by billyrusa »

Vista 20P works well with Envisalink 3.
I just tested the alarm this morning. The CS is monitoring the analog phone line and called back for the alarm. I also received an email from EyezOn immediately after the alarm set off.