New Feature Sets

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

NonTech

New Feature Sets

Post by NonTech »

A notice that the iPBat, from iPDATATEL have these three feature sets that the EnvisaLink does not do:
1. VIRTUAL KEYPAD: Your customers can operate their alarm system using the full-featured Virtual Keypad on their smartphone that connects in about five seconds. The BAT’s virtual keypad is compatible with iPhone, Android and most computer web browsers. Alarm history event log is also provided at the touch of a button. The application “ ipFob “ is free to download at the Apple App Store or Android / Google Play. ipFob is now available with dealer branding.

2. INTERACTIVE SERVICES: Smart Devices that include the ZigBee protocol Radio Thermostat, Lighting Controls, and Lock Controls are managed by the ipDatatel Gateway, which can be purchased separately. Smart ZigBee devices have up to a 50-foot range and devices can be daisy-chained to increase range.

3. DOWNLOAD: The BAT provides downloading for supported alarm control panels such as Honeywell, DSC and GE/Interlogix brands, which utilizes current software.
When should we expect these three features with the EnvisaLink 3? Of course the EnvisaLink 3 is an excellent device, but I see no reason why it lacks such a feature as the virtual keypad or the ability to download/upload Alarm Panel Programming like the iPBat. One big advantage of the EvisaLink 3 have over the iPBat is there is no monthly fee associated with the access to Events/remote arm/disarm. This fee can run as high as $10 per month, which is what I pay to have my Alarm System monitored by a Central Station.
Zonker

Re: New Feature Sets

Post by Zonker »

the ability to download/upload Alarm Panel Programming like the iPBat.
If you look at the design of this product, it includes a PC-Link interface for the DSC Panel that the EVL-3 lacks. So I think you may be comparing Apples to Oranges:

http://techhq.ipdatatel.com/wiki/Installation

Anyway, if you are an end user, programming is not a frequent task. If you are an installer or monitoring station, then I think this module may be for you.

Z