Envisalink 2DS, E3-DSC, E3-ADM firmware 1.09.114 Released

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

GrandWizard

Envisalink 2DS, E3-DSC, E3-ADM firmware 1.09.114 Released

Post by GrandWizard »

New firmware has been released by Envisacor and is being pushed out to registered users.

Bug Fixes:
- Fixed RTC day rollover bug. On Honeywell panels the local day never advanced.
- DSC TPI "Code Required/Installers Mode bug". There was a bug in the last release that had command 900 disappear and be replaced with "Installers Mode". Fixed.
- Ademco Bypass lockup bug fixed. When users tried to bypass a zone it would sometimes lockup the transmit queue and no further keystrokes would be honoured.

New Features:
- Advanced diagnostic toolkit for Honeywell. For Eyezon tech support only.
Sparky04cr

Re: Envisalink 2DS, E3-DSC, E3-ADM firmware 1.09.114 Release

Post by Sparky04cr »

System Error -->

Daughter calls myself, all keypads are going nuts - she can quiet them by using her
code on each one individually, but then they start again after some time. Dogs
are running around the home because of the noise. Only states - system fault.

I walk her though, on the programming keypad, to use the installer code to set
the system back.

When I arrive at home, I find zone 103 errors - long range radio - this is the
'Envisalink' module.

Doing some reading on the boards here - I find this, to where the device has had a
firmware update - this would cause the device to reboot, thus my system would
not see it during the reboot state and set off a system fault as it did.

Updates are nice, but I am thinking that there should be a notice of some sort
to warn people of the upcoming update, or to manually apply the update when they are ready.

Just food for thought.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Hi Sparky, it is possible that during the actual reflashing of the board (about 5 seconds) the panel will go out and query the Envisalink which won't respond. This will cause a trouble on the system 103 (LRR Fault).

To clear this fault your must enter your code + 1, twice. We're not sure why you have to do it twice but you do.

I think your comments are valid and we'll discuss with our partners how to better inform our Ademco users of firmware updates.
Sparky04cr

Post by Sparky04cr »

Thanks GrandWizard,

For resetting twice, on many system faults: the first reset usually resets the one keypad, the second will try to reset the actual fault itself. That is what I have found, I could be incorrect.

For myself - the keypads I have are the 'graphical' ones. The first time you enter your code, no '1' is needed, it will clear the fault on the keypad. In order for you to clear the fault for the second code entry, you must go through a few menus to get to the 'console mode', adding the '1' this time. Getting to the 'console mode' on this keypad is easy when you are in front of it :) but difficult for someone whom just types in a code when they come home.

Since I did not know the error - I had her clear it with the installer code from the programming console. I knew that should clear most any errors.

Thanks for looking into it. It was my systems first upgrade and when I get a call from a daughter that states the system is just beeping, only thing was a 'system fault' - I was not prepared for an answer. Didn't think about the 'Envisalink' getting an update and this would set it off. Now I am.

I will try to simulate this - when the house is empty - to see if I can find a better way, it should work through my account over the Internet also. I will share this, when I find one.

Thanks again.
calvin_baank

Post by calvin_baank »

Silent Panic and regular panic show as Zone 64 is this correct what is duress showed as(zone)?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

This is a Honeywell firmware issue. Our system only supports 64 zones at this time and if a zone is above this, it defaults to 64.

This will be addressed in future firmware and portal changes.
michai

Post by michai »

Hi
I'm new here...and I have some questions...

TPI/EnvisaLink 3
So... How can get zones bypassed? I don't find any command.
I develop for my self a program (windows OS), and I need to know (remote use) if one or more zone (what zone) is bypassed.
Why after 3 x battery trouble message (eg...is same for AC or else), is not reported again.
disconnect battery first >>>>> message ok
recovery battery >>>ok message
disconnect battery 2 >>>message ok
recovery >>>ok
disconnect battery 3 >>> message ok
recovery ok
disconnect battery 4 and up >>> no message battery trouble (only LED trouble)

...after arm/disarm operation have again 3 set of this message.....

????????

Can Help someone?