Higher End Honeywell Panels?

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

northeast

Higher End Honeywell Panels?

Post by northeast »

Hey everyone. I know only the Honeywell 20P and lower panels are officially supported...but there are a few forum posts where people had tried using the higher end commercial panels like the 50P and 128BP.

Does anyone know if these are in fact compatible? I have a commercial panel and was wondering whether I could monitor, receive events and control it with this?

And specifically if it is possible, is it possible to monitor and control more then 2 partitions? So if I used 4, 5, 6, etc. partitions would I be able to receive events for each of these partitions and control them?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.
northeast

Re: Higher End Honeywell Panels?

Post by northeast »

Anyone?

Does anyone at least know if you can control more then 2 partitions? Since it seems the manual says you need a different keypad assigned for each partition for a 20P...does it provide a place to assign more then 2?

Any help would be appreciated.
northeast

Post by northeast »

No one at all? I guess I won't be buying this since no one seems to know the answer? Can anyone tell if it can work with more then 2 partitions or not?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

While we know of users with the 50P, and the 128P, it is not officially supported.

I am sure that your can only control 2 partitions at this time but if you look at the TPI documentation, Envisacor is obviously eyeing support for 8 partitions.
northeast

Post by northeast »

Thanks GrandWizard. So for the sake of argument, could I use several EnvisaLink's attached to the panel, 1 for every 2 partitions? So for example if I had 8 partitions, could I attach 4 EnvisaLink's to the keypad bus, each one sending reports and allowing control of 2 partitions? Theoretically would that work?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

You know, that's so crazy it just might work.

You would have to make sure the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Envisalinks were set to LRR Shadowing mode so they don't run over each other on the bus. But otherwise, I don't see why not!
northeast

Post by northeast »

Hey thanks. That's a good start I guess. Although it would be great to somehow get notifications and be able to control 8 partitions without having to buy 4 EnvisaLinks! I know on a normal keypad attached to the system you can use a keypad set to one partition to 'go-to' another partition. It would be nice if there was some way to do that so you could use 1 of these to view all 8 partitions.