Envisalink 2DS, E3-DSC, E3-ADM firmware 1.10.118 Released

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

GrandWizard

Envisalink 2DS, E3-DSC, E3-ADM firmware 1.10.118 Released

Post by GrandWizard »

We're pleased to announce that we've released the first major revision to the Envisalink firmware in almost 6 months. The new firmware is being pushed out to all regisitered users as I write this.

This release contains the long awaited TPI for Ademco.

As always, for Ademco users, you may get a LRR (103) trouble on your panel after a firmware update. Just clear the trouble by entering your user code+1, twice.

Release Notes:

Features:
- Ademco TPI added (Ademco)
- The Envisalink now support 10 digit ContactID on Envisalarms for users that have an account ID longer than 4 digits (Ademco)
- Improved diagnostic reporting
- Firmware now reports LAN IP to aid in locating your Envisalink on your network

Changes/Fixes
- TPI will now send a asynchronous Zone Timer dump when another TPI connection is detected. This will help stop deadlocked sessions.
- Network time updates moved to 3:05AM (Local Time) to avoid DST race condition
Sparky04cr

Re: Envisalink 2DS, E3-DSC, E3-ADM firmware 1.10.118 Release

Post by Sparky04cr »

Another system fault with another Envisalink update. 'Long Range Radio'

Please see my post from the last update that was done to the systems, May 2013 - Thank goodness I was home when all the keypads went beeping today. Kids are asking - what is going on?

Is there anyway you can please email/text something about an update that is going to happen - please. Last May this was being looked into - can not be that difficult, if we are all 'Registered users' with accounts, just to send an notice to expect an update with-in the next week.

I like that things are being updated - keep up the good work, just a little advance notice is all I'm asking for, before the system goes nuts.

Regards,
Sparky04cr
ohiknow

Post by ohiknow »

Would firmware updates cause an 849 on the TPI? I have a 2DS.
K-Man

Post by K-Man »

ohiknow wrote:Would firmware updates cause an 849 on the TPI? I have a 2DS.
No, that's a system trouble.
K-Man

Post by K-Man »

Sparky04cr wrote:Another system fault with another Envisalink update. 'Long Range Radio'

Please see my post from the last update that was done to the systems, May 2013 - Thank goodness I was home when all the keypads went beeping today. Kids are asking - what is going on?

Is there anyway you can please email/text something about an update that is going to happen - please. Last May this was being looked into - can not be that difficult, if we are all 'Registered users' with accounts, just to send an notice to expect an update with-in the next week.

I like that things are being updated - keep up the good work, just a little advance notice is all I'm asking for, before the system goes nuts.

Regards,
Sparky04cr
Don't blame GW, he's just the messenger. This release was planned for a long time and it was our intent to notify Ademco users in advance but something got missed.

The next release of firmware will have a feature to avoid this problem entirely. DSC systems are much more resiliant than Ademco systems so that is why this only applies to Ademco units.
ohiknow

Post by ohiknow »

K-Man wrote:
Sparky04cr wrote:Another system fault with another Envisalink update. 'Long Range Radio'

Regards,
Sparky04cr
Don't blame GW, he's just the messenger. This release was planned for a long time and it was our intent to notify Ademco users in advance but something got missed.

The next release of firmware will have a feature to avoid this problem entirely. DSC systems are much more resiliant than Ademco systems so that is why this only applies to Ademco units.

Maybe a feature could be added to prevent pushing of firmware so users could decide when they wanted to update.
spud

Post by spud »

GrandWizard wrote: - TPI will now send a asynchronous Zone Timer dump when another TPI connection is detected. This will help stop deadlocked sessions.
Could you give more details on this? What's the use for it?